• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changed the month on my prescription, unaware of it being such a huge deal or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mindovermatter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

I have been taking IR 30mg 3x a day for the last 4 years. I have never filled my prescription earlier then 2 days. I am fully aware that being a CS cat. 2 that no pharmacy will fill earlier then one day. So my doctor wrote me out 2 prescriptions last month because my insurance changed. i used to receive code B, 3 month supply and my insurance wasn't clear if they covered it so just in case my doctor wrote out another for one month if the pharmacy doesn't accept it because they are extremely strict with CS scripts now due to the sub abuse. I couldn't make it to my doctor because he had no openings until next week so i had the script from last month because the pharmacy accepted the 3 month but only filled it for one month because of my insurance. Instead of 11.7 i changed it to 12.7. Is this a serious issue? I contacted my doctor and left a message regarding this right after walgreens stated they need to follow up with my doctor because the date looks tampered with.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The bottom line is that this is forgery, and it is a felony. Actually two felonies - Forgery and Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument.

I find it curious that your doctor gave you a paper prescription when the use of such prescriptions has been banned since 3/27/16.

quincy

The bottom line is that this is forgery, and it is a felony. Actually two felonies - Forgery and Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument.

I find it curious that your doctor gave you a paper prescription when the use of such prescriptions has been banned since 3/27/16.
^^^

Here is a link to the Official Prescription Program in New York:
https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/narcotic/official_prescription_program/

The electronic prescribing by doctors of controlled and non-controlled drugs is now mandatory in New York (with a few exceptions) so it is not surprising that Walgreens was suspicious when presented with the paper prescription form.

I agree with HighwayMan that what you did is serious. You will want to have a criminal defense attorney in your area advise you if/when you are contacted by the police.

LdiJ

^^^

Here is a link to the Official Prescription Program in New York:
https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/narcotic/official_prescription_program/

The electronic prescribing by doctors of controlled and non-controlled drugs is now mandatory in New York (with a few exceptions) so it is not surprising that Walgreens was suspicious when presented with the paper prescription form.

I agree with HighwayMan that what you did is serious. You will want to have a criminal defense attorney in your area advise you if/when you are contacted by the police.
Not only that, but you may find yourself cut off from your medication. On top of that, since the three month prescription was accepted, there was absolutely no viable or credible reason for you to need to fill the 30 days prescription. You had two refills coming on your 90 day prescription.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">