+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    BigBordeaux Guest

    changing my plea

    What is the name of your state? New Jersey

    At the preliminary hearing where you can plea "guilty" or "not guilty", I pleaded "not guilty" hoping that a lawyer could help my case. After talking to a lawyer, I found out that he can't really do anything for me. Since this is my first offense, I can take a year of probation.

    When i go to court again, I'm wondering if I can just change my plea to "guilty" and be done with this - take the year of probation and move on?

    Is it possible to change my plea without going back to court?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    You can change your plea to guilty, but not without going back to court. Before you plead guilty, the judge has to inform you that you have constitutional rights to a jury trial, to confront witnesses, and not to incriminate yourself, and then you have to say you understand and waive those rights.

  3. #3
    JETXX Guest
    Just tell the judge you didn't inhale, then ask him for a change of venue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Somnambulist University
    Say goodbye.
    The imposter JETXX is already gone!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005

    Get a lawyer!

    I'm a [URL="http://www.chiff.com/local/pages/dmosse.htm"]Florida criminal lawyer[/URL], not a NJ criminal lawyer, but I feel pretty confident in telling you that you need to have a lawyer and stop playing around with your life!

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. legal advise on changing plea
    By kiowagirl22565 in forum Civil Litigation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
  2. Court changing my plea as indicated on citation
    By jana07 in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
  3. Changing a plea prior to sentencing
    By Tlight38732 in forum Sentencing / Parole / Pardons / Plea Bargains
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 06:38 AM
  4. changing plea
    By july860 in forum Auto Accidents and Vehicle Claims
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 09:44 PM
  5. Changing a plea
    By Vangie in forum Other Crimes – Federal and State
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2000, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.