• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge of buying to many sudafed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CLABAT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS
I was issued an indictment on purchasing to many Sudafed. I have a court date in Oct on this charge. What is the limit on purchasing these and in what time time frame?
The indictment said that I purchased 250 dosage units or 15 grams of sudafed with the intent to manufacture meth. the date on the indictment shown is a 16 month time frame.
I don't want to plea because I don't feel that I'm guilty. They were a few other people charged but they all took pleas.
What are my rights and how would I go about fighting this charge?

FlyingRon

Get a lawyer.
In Mississippi it's illegal for a consumer to purchase more than nine grams (that's 150 60mg pills) in 30 days.

CdwJava

You do not "feel" you are guilty?

So ... what did you do with all that Sudafed? Did you have the monster allergy or cold? Or, did you give it all away to someone?

Something makes them believe you got it to help with the production of meth. The fact that others involved all took pleas does not play well for you, and I am sure that some of them also had to agree to testify against others who did not take a deal.

Speak to an attorney ASAP.

- Carl

Mass_Shyster

In Mississippi it's illegal for a consumer to purchase more than nine grams (that's 150 60mg pills) in 30 days.
That's interesting. Taking the maximum dosage for 30 days would involve 240 pills (8 pills per day). So if your cold doesn't go away in 18 days, you're out of luck.

proud_parent

Something makes them believe you got it to help with the production of meth.
Perhaps something like Miss. Code Ann. § 41-29-313(2)(c)(ii).

(c) (i) It is unlawful for any person to purchase, possess, transfer or distribute two hundred fifty (250) dosage units or fifteen (15) grams in weight (dosage unit and weight as defined in Section 41-29-139) of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, knowing, or under circumstances where one reasonably should know, that the pseudoephedrine or ephedrine will be used to unlawfully manufacture a controlled substance.

(ii) Except as provided in this subparagraph, possession of one or more products containing more than twenty-four (24) grams of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine shall constitute a rebuttable presumption of intent to use the product as a precursor to methamphetamine or another controlled substance. The rebuttable presumption established by this subparagraph shall not apply to the following persons who are lawfully possessing the identified drug products in the course of legitimate business:
1. A retail distributor of the drug products described in this subparagraph possessing a valid business license or wholesaler;
2. A wholesale drug distributor, or its agents, licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy;
3. A manufacturer of drug products described in this subparagraph, or its agents, licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy;
4. A pharmacist licensed by the Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy; or
5. A licensed health care professional possessing the drug products described in this subparagraph (ii) in the course of carrying out his profession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">