• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with 3 1/2 oz's...Intent to Distribute Mj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slakkr

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I was driving home and got pulled, the police asked me to search my vehicle, I told him he could, he searched for 20 minutes and found nothing then found a roach. Popped the trunk and found the 3 and a half ounces. I was arrested on the spot, wasn't read my rights and spent the night in jail. Bailed out the next morning, etc. Goto court in 2 weeks, any ideas of a defense or a way to at least get these down to Misdemeanor?

racer72

wasn't read my rights
For the 1238th time, Miranda is required only prior to questioning, not at the time of arrest. It makes great drama on TV but is not what happens in real life.

any ideas of a defense or a way to at least get these down to Misdemeanor?
I would suggest talking to a local attorney.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I was driving home and got pulled, the police asked me to search my vehicle, I told him he could
and for the 1239th time, when you have illegal substances in your vehicle and the police ask you if they can search it, tell them NO!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">