• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with being under the influence in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trapublican

I'm 19 and a few weeks ago I was charged with being under the influence. I was not arrested and the officers did not breathalyse me. My court date is tomorrow. I was told by my friends mom who is a lawyer to enter a plea of no contest and try to plea it down to a non-alcohol related charge. I am going to be starting school for gunsmithing soon and I'm afraid I wont be able to enter the school if I am convicted.

Also, what kind of penalty am I looking at here?

FlyingRon

Your friends mom is an idot. If you plea no contest you will be found guilty of that charge. Plead not guilty unless you have good counsel (i..e, your own lawyer, or a solid agreement with the prosecutor to do otherwise.

Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">