• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Driver in Pos. of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klgambit

What is the name of your state? California

I was charged with a misdemeanor, driver in possession of marijuana. Ive read a small fine and I believe a point on your driver record is all im looking at. My problem I drive as part of my job and if they see something on my record or insurance that states "Driver in possession of marijuana" or something like that I would probably get fired. Does anyone know what it will say on my record or insurance if they happen to check it again? How likely is it that I get my license suspended? Thanks for reading.

outonbail

What is the actual charge that is listed on your citation? We need the code number written under the heading "charges".

For example, HS11357 is simple possession of under an ounce and I don't believe that would appear on your driving record. But we need the actual code you have been charged under to provide you with accurate information.

klgambit

What is the actual charge that is listed on your citation? We need the code number written under the heading "charges".

For example, HS11357 is simple possession of under an ounce and I don't believe that would appear on your driving record. But we need the actual code you have been charged under to provide you with accurate information.
Thanks for the response, the code thats on the ticket is cvc23222(b)

The Occultist

Google is your friend.

(b) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses, while driving a motor vehicle upon a highway or on lands, as described in subdivision (b) of Section 23220, not more than one avoirdupois ounce of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis as defined by Section 11006.5 of the Health and Safety Code, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100). Notwithstanding any other provision of law, if the person has been previously convicted three or more times of an offense described in this subdivision during the two-year period immediately preceding the date of commission of the violation to be charged, the previous convictions shall also be charged in the accusatory pleading and, if found to be true by the jury upon a jury trial or by the court upon a court trial or if admitted by the person, Sections 1000.1 and 1000.2 of the Penal Code are applicable to the person, and the court shall divert and refer the person for education, treatment, or rehabilitation, without a court hearing or determination or the concurrence of the district attorney, to an appropriate community program which will accept the person. If the person is so diverted and referred, the person is not subject to the fine specified in this subdivision. In any case in which a person is arrested for a violation of this subdivision and does not demand to be taken before a magistrate, the person shall be released by the arresting officer upon presentation of satisfactory evidence of identity and giving his or her written promise to appear in court, as provided in Section 40500, and shall not be subjected to booking.

outonbail

Well the CVC stands for California Vehicle Code. So I imagine it will show up on your driving record. It will not be spelled out as a marijuana charge it will simply list the violation as 23222(b). They will not suspend your license but your insurance company will see it as well as your employer should they get a DMV printout of your driving record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">