• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Poss. of MJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopesfall85

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Monday night i was pulled over for having a headlight out

cop came up to my window and i opened my door, he asked me a few questions and said he smelled the weed.....i told him i had come from a friends car and was on my way home

eventually he got me to tell him i had a bag of weed and a bowl...the bag had less than a half eigth in it.

He took me out of the car and searched me, then put me in police car. I sat in there for 20 minutes and he told me that im being charged with possession...but he wasn't going to take my car and he let me drive home.

this is my first offense and i'm 20 years old

I guess i won't be going to jail which is awesome since i work and go to school full time...i hope that they might consider this when sentencing me

i plan on passing my pre-trial drug test and telling them i've taken on a second job and other side jobs to pay for court costs since telling my parents will probably get me kicked out of my house. I'm also going to tell them i already signed up for a drug class.

Do you think me doing any of these things and taking the initiative to (stay clean and get on with my life) will help me out any?

also, do you think ill be drug tested once a month? or do non reporting probation since its a 1st.

alright let me know what you guys think.

ENASNI

hopesfall85 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Monday night i was pulled over for having a headlight out

cop came up to my window and i opened my door, he asked me a few questions and said he smelled the weed.....i told him i had come from a friends car and was on my way home

eventually he got me to tell him i had a bag of weed and a bowl...the bag had less than a half eigth in it.

He took me out of the car and searched me, then put me in police car. I sat in there for 20 minutes and he told me that im being charged with possession...but he wasn't going to take my car and he let me drive home.

this is my first offense and i'm 20 years old

I guess i won't be going to jail which is awesome since i work and go to school full time...i hope that they might consider this when sentencing me

i plan on passing my pre-trial drug test and telling them i've taken on a second job and other side jobs to pay for court costs since telling my parents will probably get me kicked out of my house. I'm also going to tell them i already signed up for a drug class.

Do you think me doing any of these things and taking the initiative to (stay clean and get on with my life) will help me out any?

also, do you think ill be drug tested once a month? or do non reporting probation since its a 1st.

alright let me know what you guys think.
What was the MCLA number you were charged under?

Labtec600

YOu will probably get a defered sentence which pretty much means you do what they want of you (drug classes, staying clean, staying out of any other trouble) and you will avoid the criminal record.

Unless you tell the Judge to shove the law up his ass or something, or if he has some huge grudge, you wont go to jail.

Labtec600

hopesfall85 said:
would any CAL be able to get me like probation with no drug tests? or ones every couple of months?

How about you just dont do drugs?

Chances are they will give you drug test and they wont give you them "every couple months".

Do yourself a favor and stop doing it now so in 2 months you dont come back on here saying "I was on probation for possession and I was caught with MJ in my system, whats going to happen now?"

smutlydog

hopesfall85 said:
would any CAL be able to get me like probation with no drug tests? or ones every couple of months?
Even if you only have to submit every 2 months at some point they will probably randomly test you.This is what happened to me.If your that concerned it sounds like you might have a habit.

weenor

In order to benefit from a reduced sentence or deferred prosecution, your conditions for probation will include random drug testing...With regular use THC ( marijuana metabolite) will stay in your system up to 60 days..thus if you test once a month you will show positive in urine screen. The only way to stay out of jail is to stop using during your probation.

G

GoodGuy

i stay in michigan too! Dont worry , aint nothing going to happen to you, you'll get a fine and maybe some community service.. I know alot of people that went to jail for ounces of weed and never did any jail time..I never heard of someone doing jailtime for weed under aounce unless they on their probation....I know this one dude who was sitting in his card when a police officer came up to his window and asked him to get out..Yeah he got out, but he ran, the body slam the rookie police officer..He got caught with a digital scale and about 2 ounces of weed..Never did a day in jail...

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

GoodGuy said:
i stay in michigan too! Dont worry , aint nothing going to happen to you, you'll get a fine and maybe some community service.. I know alot of people that went to jail for ounces of weed and never did any jail time..I never heard of someone doing jailtime for weed under aounce unless they on their probation....I know this one dude who was sitting in his card when a police officer came up to his window and asked him to get out..Yeah he got out, but he ran, the body slam the rookie police officer..He got caught with a digital scale and about 2 ounces of weed..Never did a day in jail...

Ahhh...Just what this forum needs...A drug dealing, dead-beat dad handing out "advice"....:rolleyes:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=307018

G

GoodGuy

1st Of All

1st if all baystate girl, i take care of my son. So you nbeed to watch who you referring to as deadbeat..You are the typical thinker, just because some one has a childsupport warrent dont mean there deadbeat.. I only owe $500 in childsupport and I also have joint custody of my soon.. That childsupport warrent was from his hospital bills that I have to pay.. and refuse to pay because there double charging me.. My insurance covered his bills. See I cant stand people like you thats quick to make a judgement and not no the facts!!'

YOU PROBABLY STILL THINK THERE ARE NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN IRAQ HUH....(LOL)

Last edited:

Just Blue

GoodGuy said:
1st if all baystate girl, i take care of my son. So you nbeed to watch who you referring to as deadbeat..You are the typical thinker, just because some one has a childsupport warrent dont mean there deadbeat.. I only owe $500 in childsupport and I also have joint custody of my soon.. That childsupport warrent was from his hospital bills that I have to pay.. and refuse to pay because there double charging me.. My insurance covered his bills. See I cant stand people like you thats quick to make a judgement and not no the facts!!'

YOU PROBABLY STILL THINK THERE ARE NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN IRAQ HUH....(LOL)
Say goodbyp

Just Blue

GoodGuy said:
Whatever, you called me deadbeat , so I called you a dumb bi*&*

Ahh..But I was stating a fact...whereas you were just being By your own words you had a warrent for child support...and don't give me that crap about it being for a hospital bill....I don't buy it...They send pass due bills to collections...They don't get a warrent for your arrest! ...Bye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">