• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Possesion of marijuana and hash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Studmufin

I live in California and am 17 years old, my backpack was searched today at school and found about 4 grams of marijuana ,3 hash pills and a piece of an edible. I was charged with Possesion of marijuana and hash by the school police. I have a clean record and this is my first time offense. I was told I'd get a court notice in 15 days. The police officer said I was most likely just going to be sent to drug and alcohol rehabilitation class. I'm pretty nervous and don't know what to expect. what punishment should I expect from the judge?

quincy

I live in California and am 17 years old, my backpack was searched today at school and found about 4 grams of marijuana ,3 hash pills and a piece of an edible. I was charged with Possesion of marijuana and hash by the school police. I have a clean record and this is my first time offense. I was told I'd get a court notice in 15 days. The police officer said I was most likely just going to be sent to drug and alcohol rehabilitation class. I'm pretty nervous and don't know what to expect. what punishment should I expect from the judge?
You should hire (or have your parents hire for you) an attorney.

Having drugs on school property is pretty serious. Here are links to the laws:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=hsc&group=11001-12000&file=11357-11362.9

http://norml.org/laws/item/california-penalties

There is no way to tell what the judge will do. The attorney you see should be able to give you some sort of idea, though.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">