• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Possesion of Vyvanse and a UPM (NY)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NS_freeskier

Hello all, this is my first post here, and I wish it was under more pleasant circumstances, but I need some help. First off, I'll tell you about myself. I'm 20 years old, male and a college student. My record also isnt the cleanest. I Have been previously charged with multiple counts of making graffii/trespassing/ criminal mischief when I was 16, way back in the day lol, which was in the same jurisdiction as the one I am being currently charged in. (Town of Bethlehem, NY, just south of albany, a relatively small suburban town) I also have a UPM in Plattburgh NY that I got about 2 years ago. As well as multiple traffic violations, but I dont think those have any significance.

Anyway, back to the reason I'm here. On December 24 2009 at 6:35 pm (yes, Christmas eve, those *******s) I was charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (221.05), a violation, and Criminal Possesion of a Controlled Substance in the 7th degree (220.03), a class A misdemeanor.

Myself and a good buddy from high school had been on a blunt cruise, after we had goten back from a day of skiing. We pulled into a parking lot to hang out and listen to some music. Just chillin, talking and catching up on old times. Anyway, Next thing I know There is a flashlight in the window and the prick cop stated "we can either make this really easy or really hard" (typical police thing to say, I thought). When he rolled down the window it obviously must have stunk like bob marley ******* since we had just gone on a cruise, and its winter so the windows were up (not to mention the weed was pretty dank). So my buddy handed him the roach after us professing we didnt have anything (which I wish he hadn't of done but w/e, it is what it is). And they then pulled us each out of the car and split us up for questioning, trying to get us to rat each other out and telling us we were horrible people yadda yadda more typical small town police bull****. They asked me if I had a phone (not sure why) and I said it was in the car on the seat and he went right in there and got it, and then proceeded to search the car. When I saw he was searchign the car, I stated I do not give consent, but apparently the smell and my telling him WHERE my phone was was enough consent. They went through my backpack and found a vial with 2 pills in it, a 20 mg and 30 mg Vyvanse (A schedule II stimulant, similar to adderall). Next thing I know I'm in handcuffs in the back of a cruiser and headed to the station to get booked. What a great ****ing christmas. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this lenghty story is to try and provide as much information as possible so I can get the best help. There is no way I can afford an attorney, so I will have to get on appointed when I go to court on January 5th, so I'd like to go as prepared as possible. How ****ed am I? What kind of punishment should I expect? I'm not too worried about the UPM, although since I got that as well I'm sure the charges will be slightly higher than if I got just the controlled substance charge.

I appreciate your guy's help and I'm sorry for the lengthy (first) post but I just want to provide as much info as possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Indiana Filer

Hello all, this is my first post here, and I wish it was under more pleasant circumstances, but I need some help. First off, I'll tell you about myself. I'm 20 years old, male and a college student. My record also isnt the cleanest. I Have been previously charged with multiple counts of making graffii/trespassing/ criminal mischief when I was 16, way back in the day lol, which was in the same jurisdiction as the one I am being currently charged in. (Town of Bethlehem, NY, just south of albany, a relatively small suburban town) I also have a UPM in Plattburgh NY that I got about 2 years ago. As well as multiple traffic violations, but I dont think those have any significance.

Anyway, back to the reason I'm here. On December 24 2009 at 6:35 pm (yes, Christmas eve, those *******s) I was charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (221.05), a violation, and Criminal Possesion of a Controlled Substance in the 7th degree (220.03), a class A misdemeanor.

Myself and a good buddy from high school had been on a blunt cruise, after we had goten back from a day of skiing. We pulled into a parking lot to hang out and listen to some music. Just chillin, talking and catching up on old times. Anyway, Next thing I know There is a flashlight in the window and the prick cop stated "we can either make this really easy or really hard" (typical police thing to say, I thought). When he rolled down the window it obviously must have stunk like bob marley ******* since we had just gone on a cruise, and its winter so the windows were up (not to mention the weed was pretty dank). So my buddy handed him the roach after us professing we didnt have anything (which I wish he hadn't of done but w/e, it is what it is). And they then pulled us each out of the car and split us up for questioning, trying to get us to rat each other out and telling us we were horrible people yadda yadda more typical small town police bull****. They asked me if I had a phone (not sure why) and I said it was in the car on the seat and he went right in there and got it, and then proceeded to search the car. When I saw he was searchign the car, I stated I do not give consent, but apparently the smell and my telling him WHERE my phone was was enough consent. They went through my backpack and found a vial with 2 pills in it, a 20 mg and 30 mg Vyvanse (A schedule II stimulant, similar to adderall). Next thing I know I'm in handcuffs in the back of a cruiser and headed to the station to get booked. What a great ****ing christmas. Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this lenghty story is to try and provide as much information as possible so I can get the best help. There is no way I can afford an attorney, so I will have to get on appointed when I go to court on January 5th, so I'd like to go as prepared as possible. How ****ed am I? What kind of punishment should I expect? I'm not too worried about the UPM, although since I got that as well I'm sure the charges will be slightly higher than if I got just the controlled substance charge.

I appreciate your guy's help and I'm sorry for the lengthy (first) post but I just want to provide as much info as possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why are you calling the police officer names when you and your friend are the ones who decided to break laws? Maybe if you edited your post to remove your stupid comments about the officer who did his job properly, you would get some help.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
All criminals should get a free pass on Christmas Eve, right?

While we're at it, why don't you list all the holidays where the above applies, so I know not to summons or arrest anyone on those days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">