• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with possession class b substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inneedofhelpnow

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

This is my first time on this forum and when submitting, I clicked the close option and I don't know what that means so I am posting again.

My friend who lost her mother recently called and asked if she could come to my house for a few days, I went to pick her up and she asked me if I would take her to a friends house who owed her money. When we got to her friend's she went in for a few minutes and the two came out and asked if I would drive her to her "x" house to get the money. When we got there, the woman called him and said we were outside and a young male came out and at that point I thought something isn't right. The girl in the back seat rolled down the window and spoke to him and then told me to drive away. Upon driving away the girl in back handed my friend in the front a package and I looked at her with surprise and she said don't be mad at me, I just needed something to help me with my loss, I started to give her the riot act and upon stopping at a red light, I was then surrounded by detectives and police who made us get out of the car and upon searching it, they found the package in my friends wallet under the seat. We all were then arrested and charged with 1) possession of Class B substance and 2) conspiracy. I am devastated and disappointed that my friend took advantage of me and wasn't honest with what was going on as she knew that if she told me what was going on, I would not have done it. What am I to do? Do I need council? I have NEVER been arrested, I am drug-free. I was told I could plead guilty and would just get a fine as this is my first (and only) offense but I would then have a record. Why would I want a record when I did nothing, I am guilty of driving my car but again knew nothing that was happening. Am I in need of council or can I do this on my own? If anyone knows the answers, please reply as I dont know what to do. I dont have alot of money and any money that I can come up with would be difficult as I do not want my husband to know this happened. Needless to say, my friend (since 7th grade and we are in our 40's) and I are no longer friends, what was she thinking!!!!!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">