• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charges= tagging gun for theft and drugs??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbles6217

in the past 6 months i was shopping at a local mall. after purchasing and attempting to leave dept store i was approached by manager and asked to speak with him. When we got to office he started asking me where my tagging gun was and who my partners were stating that I/we were putting false tags on items to purchase at a lower price. I had no clue what this was about and he kept accusing me then told me i was going to be arrested the cops were on their way. (2 weeks after the people who were falsely tagging were arrested) It was over an hour before an officer showed up and i told the manager nothing other than i didnt know what he was talking about. I even dumped everything in my purse and shopping bag out for him to search. (INCLUDING RECIEPT) After the officer showed i was hauled to the car in handcuffs throughout the store the officer recieved a call and told me we had to go back into the store so he then hauled me back through the store then out again. after arriving at the station the officer stated that he found drugs in my purse and that i was also going to be charged for bringing them into the jail. I was never searched or read my rights. I thought that was to be done before putting me in the car? The drugs i can swear on my life were not mine nor in my purse. If they were wouldnt the dept store have found this when I dumped everything out in front of them? I spent the entire weekend in jail due to being innocent. I have been told that I have a good case against the store esp since they caught and convicted the group who had been doing the crime. I need help on what kind of lawyer to get and a good one as well. Do i truely have a case? Please help me with this and if there are any ?'s you need to ask please contact me.

The Occultist

I was never searched or read my rights. I thought that was to be done before putting me in the car?
You watch too much tv. Rights only have to be read after an arrest and prior to an interrogation. If rights are not read, that only means that anything you say in said interrogation cannot necessarily be used against you in court. That's all.

bubbles6217

re

I am fully aware of that!!! Not being search or read rights is the least of my worries. I was wrongfully accused and the group of people that did the crime are now incarcerated and will be for some time. This is in the process of expungement and as a school teacher i cannot work until expunged. Cannot work in retail or any sales until cleared. The county this happened in has been in touch with me but I need to know what I can do about the store ( a large dept store).

outonbail

What were the final results in your case? Were you convicted of any of the charges filed against you? (Theft or the drug charges?)
If so, were you convicted or did you make a deal with the prosecution and plea to a lesser charge?
How did you become aware of the arrests of these other individuals for the same type of crime, do you personally know any of them?
What do you mean when you say you have been contacted by the county, when did they contact you, how and why did they contact you?
I have a couple more questions, but they will depend on the answer to these.

golfaddicts

So did the charges drop? Were you arrested? if so......sucks!**************Cuz that store manager got you fool. You prolly shoulda pulled out the clip from your pocket and smoke that fool befo he could do nuttin and befo he could call the pigs. You should fight it tho son, thats some good stuff you got going for you like false tags and **** man, whats the deal man i was somewhat confused by your story. Im sorry i just cant help you although i would like too.

sorry dawg :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">