• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CI reliable information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vonzipper78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico My wife was arrested for allegedly selling drugs to a CI twice three weeks ago the paperwork i have says that the officer was contacted by the CI to make the deal he met with him photo copied the money searched him watched the ci go to the residence where me and my wife her brother and her sister all live watched him come out and the CI told him he bought the drugs from my wife she was arrested and charged with trafficking, possession although nothing was on her at the time of arrest how is this possible i mean can they get a conviction simply based on the word of a ci even though its known that my wifes brother and sister traffick and we were all there on the day in question???????

smutlydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico My wife was arrested for allegedly selling drugs to a CI twice three weeks ago the paperwork i have says that the officer was contacted by the CI to make the deal he met with him photo copied the money searched him watched the ci go to the residence where me and my wife her brother and her sister all live watched him come out and the CI told him he bought the drugs from my wife she was arrested and charged with trafficking, possession although nothing was on her at the time of arrest how is this possible i mean can they get a conviction simply based on the word of a ci even though its known that my wifes brother and sister traffick and we were all there on the day in question???????
Unless I misunderstood your post the state isn't just relying on the CI. They have marked money that was in her possession. This is the most common way people get busted for selling dope.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">