• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class D Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmonday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
I was recently charged with 20 Class D felonies. There were 10 illegal prescriptions that I called in with a dr's DEA # that I had previously worked for. I got charged with Prescription Fraud, and possession of a controlled substance, and this was for a total of 10 prescriptions, to be a total of 20. I went to jail and had a $5,000 bail which was posted. I went to court and was notified of these charges. I've never been in any trouble at all, except speeding tickets, and have been voluntarily in an outpatient rehab program for almost 30 days. I also attend NA meetings on a regular basis. Instead of getting a public defender, my husband and I have opted to get our own atty, in hopes that he/she can help me more. IS there any chance they will drop any charges, or that they can be dropped to misdeamenors? Also note, I've got written letters from my Detox nurse, and my counselors at rehab. Thanks

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
There are no crystal balls here. No one can predict what a court will do. Speak with your attorney about your concerns, he/she will have a better idea what possible plea arrangements might be worked out and what likely sentences are.

tmonday

Thanks for your reply. I was just wandering if neone else had ever been in this similar situation or had any advice to offer me. I do have an attorney, but haven't contacted them yet. That will be something I will need to do this week.

dave33

In my experience, the simple possession charge cannot be reduced anymore.If the controlled substance itself (regardless of quantity, even residue) is a felony than that's as low as it gets. Although I am not familiar with you're state and have done no research on the matter. The same goes for the forgery. Hopefully I am completely wrong. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">