• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clemency or reprieve???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justindodo

I am not sure wether I want a clemency or reprieve.
My father was caught up in a conspiracy and was sentenced to 12 years in prison. He gets out in July 2015, but if he gets a drug program he will be released on Jan. 2014.
My mother has been diagnosed with stage four Melanoma. It has spread from her foot to her lungs, stomach, pelvis, chest, and possibly her brain. She can't do anything at all. She wants to go visit him, but because she is so sick she can't make it. We also are under the proverty level. We got evicted out of our house, into a two bedroom 900 sq.ft. mobile home.
I want my father to come home to be with my mother because she is sick and doesn't have very long to live. What do I need to get him home sooner than his release date?

CdwJava

What state is he in? Was he convicted of state or federal charges? If so, what were those charges?

Depending on how serious the offense is, he may not be permitted out even for a visit. A supervised visit home might be able to be arranged, but release from custody a few years early? Maybe not. Perhaps he'd be eligible for early parole. His prison likely has a chaplaincy program, perhaps they can look into the matter for him.

justindodo

thanks for answering

He was convicted in New York under Federal charges, and now he is move to a camp in Herlong CA. He had a trucking business and one of his owner operators was drug trafficing and my father was arrested in the sweep. And I'am not sure about the charges but I will find out. How do I find out about the chaplainary program?
Thank you very much,
Justin O.

Last edited:

CdwJava

He was convicted in New York under Federal charges, and now he is move to a camp in Herlong CA. He had a trucking business and one of his owner operators was drug trafficing and my father was arrested in the sweep. And I'am not sure about the charges but I will find out. How do I find out about the chaplainary program?
Thank you very much,
Justin O.
He should have access to a chaplaincy program through whatever facility he is in. There may also be a legal aid program, too. He needs someone who can give him some direction. Or, you and your family may need to contact an attorney well versed in federal law. I strongly suspect that anything involving an early release is not likely. But, a visit may be possible.

I have little familiarity with the federal system in this regard, so I am afraid I can be of very little help.

justindodo

Thank you!

Thank you for giving us some direction. My dad is going to talk to the chaplain at the camp. And we will also tell him about the legal aid, He can try to get help cause he has access to computers and can email.
Thanks agian,
Justin O.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">