• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TNor

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My Husband was charged with a Class 5 Felony for the use of Cocaine, and Marijuana.

He came home after a night out with a friend. We got into a yelling match, and the Sheriff came to the door, I let them in my home. They asked what was going on I told them. By this time my husband was in bed asleep. They went upstairs woke him up and asked him what was going on. He was still drunk and he told them that he had gone out with a friend drank to much, and he thought he did a line of Cocaine, and admitted to smoking a little weed. The Sheriff then said because he stated he did a line of cocaine he would have to go to jail. We do not know the results of the urinalysis. He did not have any on his possession, he has no record, no history, and this is not our lifestyle. Today he had his Preliminary advisement and is scheduled to go back on Monday morning for his plea. Should we get an attorney, or will this get plead down to a misdemeanor? He is in his 40’s has no record, steady job, just incredibly poor judgment obviously.
:eek:

M

maxxx

said he did coke?!?!

that is the most stupid charge i have ever heard of!they can't arrest someone for saying he did some dope.our last president admitted he smoked but didn't inhale.yeah,whatever.tell them you didn't inhale.they are just trying to scare him into telling on someone.he should have refused the pee-test too.they have no right to p-test anyone unless your on probation or parole or unless your operating a vehicle of some sort.:mad:

N

NorthDA

Said he did something

minnesota

It sounds like the police arrived at your door due to a domestic compliant and you were unsatisfied with the results.

But you left out some critical details. The biggest of which happens to be whether your husband was arrested or not.

Then you mentioned urinalysis. This word is a flag in the industry.

I may be wrong, but is your husband on probation? If he is, he is
subject to urinalysis testing and any admission that he may have made regarding consumption of cocaine is a big deal. And he will be arrested for that.

If he were an every day Joe-Citizen, he could NOT be arrested for mere admission to consumption. Nor could he be charged with a controlled substance crime.

But if he's not on probation, I wouldn't worry about it. What are they going to do? Cast Halloween Coke-Witches on him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">