• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community Service? (Fairfax County, VA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schism08

Hi all,

As a new member to this forum, I came seeking advice on the situation that I have right now.

Back in June 2008, I was charged of Possession of Alcohol Und. 21, Possession of Controlled Paraphernalia, and Contribution to the Delinquency of a minor. Using a lawyer in court, I was able to get the Contributing charge and the Alcohol charge nolle prosequi, and I got the Controlled Paraphernalia charge amended to a Possession of Marijuana charge.

I was sentenced to a few classes (Fairfax Alcohol Safety & Action Program, Fairfax Alcohol & Drug Services), as well as 24 hours of community service, probation for 6 months, and a suspended drivers license for 6 months.

I wanted to know how I should proceed if I haven't been able to finish my community service hours past the due date. I have completed 17 out of 24 hours. Everything else for probation is completed, I have completed all drug tests and random urine screenings without a fail.

I am freaking out about the situation and would like some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks!

schism08

I have left my PO several messages, and have called and emailed him numerous times. This is my first offense, so my PO is part of the Fairfax ASAP program. Multiple people in my classes always complain about their PO's not getting back to them in time, or even EVER. I have only been able to speak with my PO on HIS terms.

Some Random Guy

I have left my PO several messages, and have called and emailed him numerous times.
I find it strange that you have spent several DAYS trying to contact your PO regarding your failure to complete less than one day of community service. Get it done ASAP. Then call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">