• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complete marijuana trainwreck, need some kind of advice, srsly HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickazure

i'm living at a supportive living facility in omaha, nebraska to help me with my medications, which i always have huge problems with. i have mental illnesses - Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and Schizoaffective Disorder. as my meds don't exactly work well on the anxiety and i don't like being on benzodiazepines because they're physically addictive, i smoke marijuana, usually around a half-ounce a week. i've been a daily smoker for a long time and i've never had anything bad happen like this before, so don't trot out the weed-is-bad argument because you won't convince someone with years of almost pure positive experiences and mental health benefits that he shouldn't smoke it anymore. i don't sell weed, nor do i use any hard drugs like cocaine. if i drink, it's like once a month, and it's never more than a couple beers, i've had a DUI once in my college days and i don't feel like going through that again.

anyway.

a few friends and i were smoking marijuana. we have a new guy here at the group home; lucky me, it's someone i know. i'd never used pot with him before but i know he has smoked it. so we walk over to my spot, and i rolled a joint, and i offered him a few hits. then we went and got a bunch of energy drinks and mountain dew, and he started chugging them like there was no tomorrow. we went back to our spot, and next thing i know he's semi-conscious and when we felt his pulse it was sky high. one of my friends is a nurse assistant or something like that and when she took his pulse it was like 180. at this point we decide to call the paramedics. i told them over the phone that we had been smoking but i thought it was the six energy drinks he chugged that might be making him sick.

i've been calling hospitals around town for the last four hours and i still can't figure out which one he's in so i can walk down there and make sure he's okay. after we called the paramedics, my RN friend was able to help me get him moved to a better location without him getting hurt. there were no cops or anything, just paramedics, and all they asked was if the weed had anything else in it (it didn't). nebraska's decriminalized and i haven't ever had a possession charge before, but what if he's dead? what happens then? do i get hard time because i smoked weed with him and he died shortly after?

i don't know. maybe i'm just really freaked out right now and what i really need to do is just actually take one of those stupid klonopins for once and go to bed (i have a prescription, i just never take it because it's addictive and non-natural). maybe i just need someone to tell me things are going to work out. just... someone, who isn't completely freaked, give me a reality check, or at least give me the bad news ahead of time.

thanks.

It's really hard to Google the law if I don't know what state you're in. REALLY HARD.

Anytime you do something illegal and someone is hurt, you have a problem. Maybe the illegal thing didn't hurt the guy and you can say no harm no foul. You never know what the cops will say or the district attorney will charge.

IF you did an ILLEGAL thing which CAUSED the DEATH of someone else, you could be on the hook for some level of manslaughter. If the drug could be considered a POISON it could be first degree murder.

Who knows?

By the way, drugs are bad, m'kay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">