• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conditional discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schyst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

ok, they gave me a conditional discharge in 95, i understand i didnt fulfill the obligations of said agreement...the problem is this, even though i did not fulfill the conditional discharge and they made me re-plea on the case, (which i plead not guilty too and was never resentenced on), they still had me paying the fine and stuff because they messed up their paperwork...now, can someone please, please help me out cause this case is so messed up its got me confused as hell :confused:

if u have any questions please ask them and i will do my best to answer....this is a very serious case to me because it will interupt my buisness along with other aspects of my life. i know i broke the law, but i need help, not smart ass answers :(

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

ok, they gave me a conditional discharge in 95, i understand i didnt fulfill the obligations of said agreement...the problem is this, even though i did not fulfill the conditional discharge and they made me re-plea on the case, (which i plead not guilty too and was never resentenced on), they still had me paying the fine and stuff because they messed up their paperwork...now, can someone please, please help me out cause this case is so messed up its got me confused as hell :confused
I'm sorry you're so confused and after reading your post, I know the feeling.

if u have any questions please ask them and i will do my best to answer....
Unfortunately, this is not how this forum works. May I suggest, that for the best results, you ask the questions and we'll try to provide you with the best answers we can find.

this is a very serious case to me because it will interupt my buisness along with other aspects of my life. i know i broke the law, but i need help, not smart ass answers :(
This is a good example of why you should ask the questions, because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

and please, for the love of God, do not post any smart ass questions!

schyst

this is the 3rd time ive posted about this....ive tried to sum it up as best as possible....its really hard to explain. this case is stressing me out so badly that its got me totally on edge and before i go and pay for an attorney to represent me, im tryin to get some opinions....just ask me what u dont understand and ill gladly answer for u right away...please dont think im tryin to disrespect anyone at all....im sorry if i come across this way....any help would be appreciated from anybody

Last edited:

BL

1) Conditional discharge : Usually for a year with set conditions you MUST adhere to .

2) You state you did not adhere to the conditions , were brought back in for violation , pleaded not guilty , and because of a technicality the violation was not pursued .

3) You still have original conditions - one of them being fines to pay since 95 when you received/agreed to a conditional discharge .

IS THIS CORRECT ?

outonbail

this is the 3rd time ive posted about this
You should keep all your questions in the same thread you started with this situation. This would, in most cases, make it a little easier to follow what is going on. I'm not sure it helped in this case, but it is generally better to keep your posts together in the same thread. I had to go back and search the older threads you started on this case so I had some idea of what the heck you were talking about
......ive tried to sum it up as best as possible....its really hard to explain.
Not really. You are being held to answer to the original charge, possession of a joint I believe you said, because you didn't fulfill your obligations under the conditional release. Does this about cover it?
this case is stressing me out so badly that its got me totally on edge and before i go and pay for an attorney to represent me, im tryin to get some opinions....
Being stressed out does you no good whatsoever. You simply need to take everything step by step and resolve the issue in an adult like manner.
You should really speak to a couple of local attorneys about your situation. Call the local bar association and ask for some referrals. You should be able to find a couple who will consult with you for free on the first visit, or for a minimal charge. Don't just talk to one, speak to two or three and see what each has to say.
You should bring any records you have for the case so they can review it for themselves. You should also bring in the information you have for the additional cases you served time on.
When you were serving time on the new charge(s), it should have been possible for you to serve your time for this orginal case and/or the violation of the conditional release, concurrently. This would have had to have been arranged back at the time, but you never know, since it has been fifteen years, the judge may let you off with time served. Nothing is guaranteed, but when you appear before the judge, it would also be smart to have with you, whatever the amount of money was that you still owe and did not pay per the conditional release. Sometimes money on the spot speaks louder than words.
Anyway, these are some of the things you can discuss with the attorneys when you go speak to them. You may find one who will clear this whole mess up for less than a grand depending upon how many times they have to appear in court.
Whatever arrangements you are able to make, follow them to the "T". Pay the fines, do the community service, kiss the judges pet Beagle, whatever you need to do to put this behind you, DO!

schyst

thank you so much, like i said...i didnt want to come off as an *******...its just that 15 years after smoking a stupid joint, its coming back to haunt me an i just dunno what to do....also, since i plead not guilty i was under the assumption that there wasnt a fine because i wasnt resentenced on it, but they were still making me pay them....this is the craziest situation ive ever been in...but thank you for your help...i appreciate a honest serious answer which is what youve given me....thank u very much....the only question i still have is this...after i repled on my case i was never sentenced....so why am i paying fines and where are they coming from and where is my money going??? this is like a mind bender for real an if anyone can figure it out....please give me a little insight

Last edited:

BL

thank you so much, like i said...i didnt want to come off as an *******...its just that 15 years after smoking a stupid joint, its coming back to haunt me an i just dunno what to do....also, since i plead not guilty i was under the assumption that there wasnt a fine because i wasnt resentenced on it, but they were still making me pay them....this is the craziest situation ive ever been in...but thank you for your help...i appreciate a honest serious answer which is what youve given me....thank u very much....the only question i still have is this...after i repled on my case i was never sentenced....so why am i paying fines and where are they coming from and where is my money going??? this is like a mind bender for real an if anyone can figure it out....please give me a little insight
What was your original sentence ?

schyst

original sentence was 1 year of probation, $750.00 in fines and a mandatory $700.00 d.e.d.r. penality....i paid everything off except for the d.e.d.r. fine....thats what they are taking me to court for now. when they took me in front of the judge, i plead not guilty an was released pending another court date...well, the paperwork got messed up somehow and the court clerk sent me a letter stating that i had to pay the fine....so i went up there and started paying on this fine hoping that if i paid it off the case would be dismissed (i got it down to $200.00 before they stopped taking the money)...well, i recieved another court date...when i went in front of the judge, he told me i was there for my trial...well, when i asked him why i was still recieveing letters telling me to either pay the fine or a warrant will be issued for my arrest, he asked the court clerk and they were both at a loss for words....so now here i sit, i have no idea whats goin on at all...all i do know is this, if they had me re-enter a plea on a case, an i plead not guilty....why was i still paying fine, and where is my money?? i know someone messed up here and i just need help tryin to figure this clusterf@%$ out.....if it makes any sense to you....please help me

Last edited:

BL

original sentence was 1 year of probation, $750.00 in fines and a mandatory $700.00 d.e.d.r. penality....i paid everything off except for the d.e.d.r. fine....thats what they are taking me to court for now. when they took me in front of the judge, i plead not guilty an was released pending another court date...well, the paperwork got messed up somehow and the court clerk sent me a letter stating that i had to pay the fine....so i went up there and started paying on this fine hoping that if i paid it off the case would be dismissed (i got it down to $200.00 before they stopped taking the money)...well, i recieved another court date...when i went in front of the judge, he told me i was there for my trial...well, when i asked him why i was still recieveing letters telling me to either pay the fine or a warrant will be issued for my arrest, he asked the court clerk and they were both at a loss for words....so now here i sit, i have no idea whats goin on at all...all i do know is this, if they had me re-enter a plea on a case, an i plead not guilty....why was i still paying fine, and where is my money?? i know someone messed up here and i just need help tryin to figure this clusterf@%$ out.....if it makes any sense to you....please help me
I would say a consult with an attorney , and a one time appearance by the attorney , and the remaining $200.00 should take care of the issues .

After all these years something is bound to give .

Sometimes it all gets wiped off the books .

Apparently yours didn't .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">