• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conditional discharge coming up as a conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njgiaint27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

i received a conditional discharge for a disorderly persons offense 5 years ago. all the fines were paid off the same day as the court date an it was never clarified whether the discharge would be supervised or not and was never contacted with any information about it. i figured that since id payed all money owed up front they did not bother with it.. i stayed out of trouble for the following year and was under the assumption that the charge was dismissed. then last month my job did a bg check on me and it came up and i was terminated. so my question is.. is there any chance that a court can mess up a conditional discharge dismissal?? if so how do i go about getting this changed??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">