• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confidential informant problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SMACKS2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was arrested a couple weeks ago for drugs, i ended up giving the detective my connect who i guess is the big fish. For that i was never booked and got to go home. However i still have a case against me for that stop, even though i was let go and never booked i am still gonna to go to court. The detective told me if i become a confidential informant, he can make this case go away with the DA. Is this true??? because he gave me a week for an answer...PLEASE HELP!!

BL

You will have to work any deals out between you,your lawyer ,the DA ,and possibly all in the Judges chambers with the Judge.

CdwJava

It is probably on the up and up. However, you should probably work out any deal through your attorney. Understand, though, that this could result in the officer withdrawing his offer.

The choice is yours, but you should certainly at least consult an attorney about the offer and the potential charges first.

- Carl

SMACKS2

i have talked to my lawyer, and i was wrong im not goin to court the detective didnt file the case. he said he might if i dont produce. and for "flyingron" u would do the same thing if it would get u out of jail. especially when im on felony probation already. so ya, my lawyer told me it is possible the only problem is, after i do what they want to do and its over, they could hold the case over my head, so i keep working with them. Doe anyone think i should sign the C.I agreement??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">