• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confiscating pieces question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dubyacheney04

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

Officers recently came to my apartment on a noise complaint when there were several guests at me and my friends apartment. Upon opening the door when they knocked my friend tried to shut the door on the officer and get one of the residents, the officer didn't allow him to shut the door. When I answered him after they addressed the noise complaint and we cooperated they saw a couple of paraphanelia pieces on the table which they asked for. We gave them to them and they left with no mention of any legal action. I have a few questions. First off, they have the right to force the door open if someone tries shutting it? Secondly, could they still take any legal action, perhaps in the form of a summons against the residents of the house? I know we were in the wrong here, just wondering what the possible outcomes could be. Thanks for any help in advance.

2901bruce

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

Officers recently came to my apartment on a noise complaint when there were several guests at me and my friends apartment. Upon opening the door when they knocked my friend tried to shut the door on the officer and get one of the residents, the officer didn't allow him to shut the door. When I answered him after they addressed the noise complaint and we cooperated they saw a couple of paraphanelia pieces on the table which they asked for. We gave them to them and they left with no mention of any legal action. I have a few questions. First off, they have the right to force the door open if someone tries shutting it? Secondly, could they still take any legal action, perhaps in the form of a summons against the residents of the house? I know we were in the wrong here, just wondering what the possible outcomes could be. Thanks for any help in advance.
Shutting the door on any law authority screams..."GUILTY"!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">