• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logalbo.jonatha

What is the name of your state (florida)?

A few years ago i had gone to the keys to get away from my life i am bi-polar sometimes i do strange things..anyways one night i was very drunk and looking for a place to sleep and did'nt realize i was in a drug area..i seen two people having some sort of conversation (i assume about drugs) i was roughly 20 feet away and waiting for them to leave so i could crawl in the bushes and go to sleep..next thing i know im being arrested for what they called attempt to purchase cocaine and was hauled down to their substation where i subsequently had a panic attack and had to be hospitalized..i was committed to a CSU unit for observation and they got me back on my medication..three days later i was released and decided it was time to go back home..to upstate florida..i did and about a year later give or take was arrested for failure to pay child support..i then spent 6 months in the county jail for that all the time still on my medication and doing well..then the day i was to be released here comes those (attempt to purchase ) charges..i was then transported to key west..when i got on the transport my medication was there to be given to the jailors in key west...when i arrived and was processed they said that there were no medications for me from the transport..i then asked to see the jail doctor to hopefully correct it and continue my meds..i was told and i quote (you are in jail your supposed to be depressed) and was denied my medication..i made the appearences in court and by the time it finally got to the point where i could go to trial i was in such a manic state that i took anything just to get out ..they gave me 18 months probation and all kinda other things..I feel I was abused while in the state's custody and I hope someone out there might have some advice for me .thank you

logalbo.jonatha

there was one more thing that i needed to mention...the case would have been beaten if i had been thinking in a rational state of mind as there was no evidence but some tape of the night in question..which me and the public pretender viewed and all that was on the tape was a view through some bushes and a few tree limbs i literally was not on that tape ..I had been in such an manic state in the courtroom and by that time three months off my meds..I would have at that time done or said anything they wanted me to say to get out of there

CdwJava

Your question would be ... what?

I think this is a good reason to stay on your meds and stay out of trouble.

If you feel you were unlawfully "abused" by the state, consult an attorney who can review your case and see if any laws or procedures were broken and that you were injured as a result. Then, you and your attorney will have to decide how much money it would take to make you whole. I don't know that you have a case, but, maybe ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">