• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Squirrel65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri - Here's the deal, we happen to know someone that got busted with a large amount of meth - this person was taking delivery of the meth and got popped and charged with conspiracy to possess over 500 g's of meth - couple weeks later another guy hits the paper with the same charge - a month later, my husband cops the same charge - he don't know nothing about this shipment nor the people bringing it ... second guy takes a plea agreement with AUSA and his statement is sealed until trial - right after that is when my husband gets his charges ... how can they make a conspiracy charge when he don't even know these people bringing the stuff in? Didn't even know nothing about this stuff coming in?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri - Here's the deal, we happen to know someone that got busted with a large amount of meth - this person was taking delivery of the meth and got popped and charged with conspiracy to possess over 500 g's of meth - couple weeks later another guy hits the paper with the same charge - a month later, my husband cops the same charge - he don't know nothing about this shipment nor the people bringing it ... second guy takes a plea agreement with AUSA and his statement is sealed until trial - right after that is when my husband gets his charges ... how can they make a conspiracy charge when he don't even know these people bringing the stuff in? Didn't even know nothing about this stuff coming in?
You totally contradict yourself. In your first sentence you say "we happen to know someone that got busted..." And then in your last statement you say "how can they make a conspiracy charge when he don't even know these people"

There is so much more to this story, and until you get it straight no one can truly help you.

ERAUPIKE

- he don't know nothing about this shipment nor the people bringing it
Wow, haven't seen a triple negative in a long time. I can barely decipher what the OP is saying. Looks like your husband needs to get his affairs in order before he takes a ride to prison.

smutlydog

how can they make a conspiracy charge when he don't even know these people bringing the stuff in?
Conspiracy involves an agreement to commit a crime. It can include a statements signed by at least 2 other individuals who may have gotten busted themselves. Sometimes recorded conversations are used.If that's the case it only takes saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and involving himself in an overt act. An overt act could be as simple as giving someone a ride to negotiate a deal.

Maybe your husband doesn't know the "people bringing the stuff in"but he obviously had a conversation with the wrong person. It's probably the middle man he went through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">