• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

injustice27

What is the name of your state? NY
My husband is currently facing criminal charges in Tampa Florida for conspiracy to posses and distribute meth. My husband has never sold or posses drugs in his life. The horror of our life started last June of 2005 . Apparently an affiliate of our company who we will call (AB) we have been doing legit business with him for 4 years was heavily involved with drugs in Florida . What we come to find out he s he was arrested for drug possession and I guess looking for some kind of bargain. We he pulled my husband into a wiretap unknowingly because he was trying to get a hold of a mutual friend of his and my husband who also bought and sold drugs . Well one day in June calls my husband up and ask him how much of a friend does he consider there mutual friend. My husband still not knowing what is going on says he just a affiliate its just a working relationship.

Well Next thing we know he started getting phone calls from him asking him for a contact number for him because he was trying to reach him

My husband being un suspecting thought nothing of was was going on gave him the number . A few weeks pass by and we don't hear from the guy in Florida. He starts calling but keep putting emphasis on it was important that he found there mutual friend because he never showed up for there schedule meeting in July. Which he suspects is releated our business industry. We come o learn that they had intended on doing some drug transaction ,but the guy never showed up for it . Next thing we know the calls become more frequent to my husband to elcit his help to find the guy. My husband started to sense something was not right when he d someway some how he would find a way to throw drugs any thing pertaining to he weight or sale of drugs into there normal conversation. According to the tapes which I listened to he keep offering my husband a cut , but my husband keep saying he did not want a cut of anything . Well to shorten the story He keep stressing that my husband come down to Florida because we are all in the investment property bussiness ... that some new investment property in a prime area of Florida was available . My husband declined to come but the guy bought him a ticket which we later learned it was bought by the federal agents and sent it up here for him . Next thing I know I get a call from my husband that he was arrested as soon as he got off the plane and was locked up on conspiracy with an intent to distribute meth...
He has no criminal background at all !!!!!

Please tell me how he system has the right to entrap a person into situation which turns them from a law abiding citizen into a person that is conspiring to sell drugs. Is it legal for he system to say help me find the guy who buys the drugs or or you will do jail time. Where are his rights ? Please advise me as to what his right are with this situation.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">