• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy to Distribute?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NORML_Supporter

Michigan.

I'm an occasional pot smoker; at parties and the like. I picked an eighth up one day with a couple of people for a party--I didn't pay, nor did I know the dealer, I just drove. I got pulled over for a routine traffic stop and then they searched me and the vehcile and found pot in the seat. Now they're charging me with Conspiracy to Distribute, UNLESS I agree to be an informant under the "Give Me 3 and You Go Free" contract. I really don't want to; I'm not an undercover cop. Could I fight this? If I can't, what rights do I have in this situation? The most we could possibly be guilty of is Distribution without Renumeration, which I understand to be a misdemeanor. Is it legally possible to conspire to commit a misdemeanor?

Last edited:

N

NORML_Supporter

I believe it's because one of my passengers was on probation for a drug charge, but I'm not entirely sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">