• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy of international drug trafficking and drug dealing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

averageguy297

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi
(NOTE: THESE ARE 2 DEA AGENTS NOT COPS, THEY ARE NOT IN UNIFORM AND WERE IN STREET CLOTHES IN A REGULAR PICKUP TRUCK WITH A SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE IN THE BACK SEAT.)

(ALSO, THIS IS A FULLY FACTUAL STATEMENT. IT IS ABOUT MY FRIEND BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT EVERY DETAIL IS ON POINT.)
In January my friend whom is 18 years old started buying drugs online, selling marijuana, and selling prescription pills. He was receiving the marijuana through his friend's mother's PO box whom was also selling drugs with him but his friend is only 17. In April after about the 7th package (a total of about 5 or 6 ounces) the big package was in. The 4 ounces from Canada(INTERNATIONAL) was in and my friend went to his house waiting on his friend to get the package from his mom's PO box. The 17 year old was caught in the post office by 2 DEA agents who inspected the package already and were ready to pounce on him once he got there. My friend waiting at home got a phone call from his friend's phone but it was the 2 DEA agents on the phone claiming they wanted to only talk about the package and not arrest him unless he doesn't cooperate. He did cooperate, staying on the phone with them until he drove to the school parking lot(right beside the post office) and met them. There, they searched his person and his vehicle with his permission and found nothing.

They put the package containing 4 ounces of marijuana on the dash board of their truck and sat my friend in the front seat asking him questions(one agent was in driver seat, one agent in back seat behind my friend, and a high powered rifle in the back seat next to the agent) and they went through his phone, finding pictures of marijuana and pills, and texts about selling the drugs and purchasing them online. He confessed everything(I'm sure they had him recorded although he says he didn't see a recorder in the vehicle) and they took down some names he gave them of drug dealers that he knew. They said he could be charged with conspiracy of international drug trafficking and distribution of a controlled substance for 10-30 years in prison, but that they weren't going to book him or charge him as long as he kept his nose clean and did them some favors.

They said he'd have to wear a wire after they give him cash to go buy drugs from people and help them get some drug busts and they said he'd have to start the following week. Well they never contacted him from that day until early June when an agent texted him saying they needed to sit down and talk so my friend replied saying he was at college but would be back in town in a couple days and would text him back when he could sit down and talk. As soon as my friend was back from college, he texted the agent saying he could sit down and talk whenever he needed to and the agent never replied to this day. My friend claims he's going to continue to purchase marijuana online using a much "safer" way than a PO box for his personal consumption and that he can't get caught. I fear for my friend because i think he's in danger and doesn't even realize it. My question to you guys is, can this come back and effect his life later? Can they bring up the charges "because they feel like it"? Can they bring up the charges at all? If he's caught getting illegal deliveries again? If he's arrested or a DUI of something of the sort? Under what circumstances can these charges be brought up? Thank you in advance for any answers or input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">