• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy/Manufacture-Should I be scared?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julsincolo

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I recently moved to CO to get away from pure craziness in IA, where I have lived my entire life.
A few friends have been arrested in the past 6-12 months on conspiracy to manufacture meth charges. Before I left IA, I found that I had been mentioned in a few peoples statements. They had told on or mentioned a lot of people to get a lesser charge. I also felt they were getting 'too close'. The police woukd pull me over for simple traffic stops, wanting to search my car "just to make the officer look good" or for "routine". I felt I needed to move away, so I did.
Within the first 2 weeks I was gone, about 10 friends, at seperate times, got arrested. All on those same charges. Now I hear there are about 6 statements stating I sold drugs, I bought drugs, I made drugs, I helped make drugs, or I contributed something to have drugs made. Some parts of some statements include my every daily move, to the T. Some parts of some statements are totally false.
I even called a friends house who was being arrested at that exact time to have a narcotics agent answer the phone. When asked who I was, (not knowing who he was) I said my first name. He then asked me how it was in .....state. I originally planned on moving to AZ and that is where he (I guess) thought I was. He told me what he was doing and ended the call.
I have been told by a few that Narcotics asks them (at time of questioning) to 'set me up' or ask numerous questions about me.
At one point, friends and I started a book. Quite stupid with stupid entries, quotes, poems, everyday stupid happenings. I have been told Narc. has that book. Most peoples names are used in slang or nicknames used.
A friend who is in IA prison for Meth Charges, due to be released within this next year, is being taken back to our hometown to be tried on more meth charges, due to someones statement.
My question. Will they continue to persue anything with me? Should I be worried? Will they come across 2 states to bring me back. I do not have any criminal history. I have not been arrested for anything before. I know they wanted me bad and had even made comments to mutual friends on a casual basis that I and other close friends would be next to 'go down'.
When will be 'safe'? What if some of the people who are going to end up with jury trials lasts for the next 3 years? Will I have to worry about being arrested that whole time?

HomeGuru

julsincolo said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

I recently moved to CO to get away from pure craziness in IA, where I have lived my entire life.
A few friends have been arrested in the past 6-12 months on conspiracy to manufacture meth charges. Before I left IA, I found that I had been mentioned in a few peoples statements. They had told on or mentioned a lot of people to get a lesser charge. I also felt they were getting 'too close'. The police woukd pull me over for simple traffic stops, wanting to search my car "just to make the officer look good" or for "routine". I felt I needed to move away, so I did.
Within the first 2 weeks I was gone, about 10 friends, at seperate times, got arrested. All on those same charges. Now I hear there are about 6 statements stating I sold drugs, I bought drugs, I made drugs, I helped make drugs, or I contributed something to have drugs made. Some parts of some statements include my every daily move, to the T. Some parts of some statements are totally false.
I even called a friends house who was being arrested at that exact time to have a narcotics agent answer the phone. When asked who I was, (not knowing who he was) I said my first name. He then asked me how it was in .....state. I originally planned on moving to AZ and that is where he (I guess) thought I was. He told me what he was doing and ended the call.
I have been told by a few that Narcotics asks them (at time of questioning) to 'set me up' or ask numerous questions about me.
At one point, friends and I started a book. Quite stupid with stupid entries, quotes, poems, everyday stupid happenings. I have been told Narc. has that book. Most peoples names are used in slang or nicknames used.
A friend who is in IA prison for Meth Charges, due to be released within this next year, is being taken back to our hometown to be tried on more meth charges, due to someones statement.
My question. Will they continue to persue anything with me? Should I be worried? Will they come across 2 states to bring me back. I do not have any criminal history. I have not been arrested for anything before. I know they wanted me bad and had even made comments to mutual friends on a casual basis that I and other close friends would be next to 'go down'.
When will be 'safe'? What if some of the people who are going to end up with jury trials lasts for the next 3 years? Will I have to worry about being arrested that whole time?
**A: yes, 3 whole years of worry.

J

julsincolo

More Questions

Still worried...
Do you believe they will come across two states to pursue charges and would it be best to stay out of IA?

N

NorthDA

Safe in Colorado...

julsincolo-

Geez, I guess since you went all the way to Colorado we better give up.

Or maybe just one or two of our guys will spend their springbreak near that "apartment" in Aurora since their tickets have already been booked.

J

julsincolo

And once again...

...and so your answer to the question was...? I seem to not fully understand rattled and unadvisable squabbish which appears to be coming as advisable replies...

N

nvertrust any1

WORRIED

iF YOU DON'T DO THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST THE LAW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE POLICE. iF YOU DON'T WRITE STUPID SH T DOWN YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE POLICE. iF YOU DON'T BUY SELL AND MANUFACTURE DOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE POLICE.
nOW ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION. sHOULD YOU BE WORRIED?:D

J

julsincolo

And once again...

...and so your answer to the question was...? I seem to not fully understand rattled and unadvisable squabbish which appears to be coming as advisable replies...

HomeGuru

Re: And once again...

julsincolo said:
**A: see what happens when you are in a worry state of mind.

J

julsincolo

Advice is still what I'm looking for...

Did anyone read in my message,where I said I did any of these things I am accused of? I don't think so. I never said any of the accusations were true. And I have been in a state of worry since the first man, whom I worked with his wife and met one time in the grocery store, made a false statement about me. So basically,
you don't have to actually 'do something against the police' to have to be 'worried about the police'. I submitted a concern thinking I would get some type of advice, not useless remarks and threats....
I'd appriciate any knowledgable legal advise anyone has to offer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Advice is still what I'm looking for...

julsincolo said:
Did anyone read in my message,where I said I did any of these things I am accused of? I don't think so.

=======================================

My response:

Of course you're innocent. This is all "theoretical", and you're just writing to this site "for the fun of it."

Pal, do you really believe that we all fell off of the same turnip truck that you did?

Yes, the detectives will find you. Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "You can run, but you can't hide."

I see an "extradition hearing" in your immediate future.

IAAL

JETX

Re: More Questions

julsincolo said:
Still worried...
Do you believe they will come across two states to pursue charges and would it be best to stay out of IA?
Okay, lets play this out...
No, they Iowa police will not come a'knockin' on your door. But based on your post, they may issue an arrest warrant for you (if not already) and since they already know you are out of their state, they will likely not delay in putting your warrant information in the NCIC computer system.

And when that happens, the next time you are stopped or 'run' for wants/warrants (and you will be), they will get a 'hit' on the outstanding warrant and you will be arrested and detained until Iowa can come get you (if they decide to). Oh, and if a warrant has been issued, how long do you 'sweat'?? Try until you are caught. There is no SOL on an issued warrant.

Better look over your shoulder whenever you are out of your home. They might be RIGHT behind you.

J

julsincolo

...and these are the chosen few who become our Public Defenders...nothing more.

Thank you all for 'Public Defender' quality advise. I guess free is free. Feel proud of such advise you've given...you've managed to belittle, underestimate, and insult another human being. Seems to me when someone advances past the 'Public Defender' status, that is when they become able to offer sound advice and able to show concern instead of stabs and jabs to make theirselves feel better for not being compitant to offer sound advice.

JETX

Okay, 'legal-wiz', what part of the advice you received was not correct???
Answer, nothing.

So what are you whining and pissing about?? The fact that you didn't like the accurate answers you got.

Poor baby!!!

"Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha' goin' to do when they come for you?
Bad boys, bad boys
Whine and cry and feel so blue."

J

julsincolo

And now as we come to the end...ignorance of others has helped me prove my point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">