• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the deliquency of minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bagelboy3

Indiana

I went up to my cottage in Montecello, Indiana with my two kids and some of there friends after there prom to let them have a controlled party but the cops came and arrested all the kids above 18 and they charged me with the class A misdemenor for contributing, is there a good chance i go to jail or what are the peneleties and whats the best way to go about the case so i do not get convicted.. please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

bagelboy3

well do you know anything about the penalties of this or do you know anything of passed cases uve heard about?

Some Random Guy

A local lawyer would be the best person to talk to about this. But here is a point of reference

The Indiana Law Blog: Ind. Decisions - "Ex-Colts QB Trudeau, wife to pay $5,000 fine in teen party case"

whats the best way to go about the case so i do not get convicted
Since the police found underage youths drinking at a party you hosted, and you have not given us any evidence of wrongful actions on the police's part, you should be looking at the best possible plea bargain or deal for sentencing instead of a way to get off scot free.

bagelboy3

Is it wrongful for the police to come into my house without a warrent? and they also handcuffed some of the minors

Isis1

Is it wrongful for the police to come into my house without a warrent? and they also handcuffed some of the minors
nope. probable cause. did they push their way in? did they knock on the door? did one of your guests let them in? was the door wide open?

Indiana Filer

The police often do that to people who have broken the law.

I hate working with the parents who encourage their children to break the law, and then get upset when they and/or the children get arrested. They are the absolute worst.

Antigone*

No it is not "wrongful" for the police to come into your home if they feel a crime was being committed. ...and it obviously was.

If I were one of the parents of the other kids, I'd have your head on a platter. What a wonderful example of social responsibility you are to your children. Hopefully the local authorities make an example of you. If nothing else your kids deserve to see social responibility and accountability in action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">