• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

casn09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a resident of Minnesota, live in Montana and got caught in South Dakota.
I am a college student at the University of Montana and on summer vacation. Two friends and I were driving through South Dakota to go see a concert in Wisconsin and I am now in Minnesota where I grew up visiting my family. Driving through Mitchell, SD we got pulled over for speeding. The driver immediately got pulled out of the car and 10 minutes later there were drug dogs there. All three of us got charged with possession of marijuana, injest of drugs and a paraphernalia ticket. I also got a possession of controlled substance ticket for one and a half pills of adderall. I am looking at a felony charge and really need some help. I occasionally smoke marijuana, but not often and I don't think its fair that the state of South Dakota charged all of us for one bag of marijuana, which was only on one of the boys. The only reason why I had those pills was because we were traveling across the country and had to stay awake. I am a really good student and a hard worker and am not a drug addict. They instantly took us all to jail, and we had to call our parents to get bailed out. I am not a resident of South Dakota and really can not spend any jail time. I have a job back in Missoula, and after my short visit in Minnesota I am going back there to start working again. I am wondering if there is anything that this law firm can do to help me out and get me out of this mess. I really do not believe that I deserve this treatment, especially for something as minor as one and a half pills. I have a court date on July 1st. Please contact me if there is any way you guys can help me. I am willing to do community service to pay time, maybe in Montana? or I was also wondering if there is any way to get this case expicated to Montana.

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a resident of Minnesota, live in Montana and got caught in South Dakota.
I am a college student at the University of Montana and on summer vacation. Two friends and I were driving through South Dakota to go see a concert in Wisconsin and I am now in Minnesota where I grew up visiting my family. Driving through Mitchell, SD we got pulled over for speeding. The driver immediately got pulled out of the car and 10 minutes later there were drug dogs there. All three of us got charged with possession of marijuana, injest of drugs and a paraphernalia ticket. I also got a possession of controlled substance ticket for one and a half pills of adderall. I am looking at a felony charge and really need some help. I occasionally smoke marijuana, but not often and I don't think its fair that the state of South Dakota charged all of us for one bag of marijuana, which was only on one of the boys. The only reason why I had those pills was because we were traveling across the country and had to stay awake. I am a really good student and a hard worker and am not a drug addict. They instantly took us all to jail, and we had to call our parents to get bailed out. I am not a resident of South Dakota and really can not spend any jail time. I have a job back in Missoula, and after my short visit in Minnesota I am going back there to start working again. I am wondering if there is anything that this law firm can do to help me out and get me out of this mess. I really do not believe that I deserve this treatment, especially for something as minor as one and a half pills. I have a court date on July 1st. Please contact me if there is any way you guys can help me. I am willing to do community service to pay time, maybe in Montana? or I was also wondering if there is any way to get this case expicated to Montana.
Make sure you tell the judge that you don't think the charges are fair. Be sure to point out that you were only using the controlled substance to help you stay awake while you were driving. I am glad that you are willing to do community service because you will be doing tons of it, if you are lucky enough to stay out of jail. There will not be a change in venue for your charges to meet your convenience, the justice system does not work that way. A lawyer can represent you and try to get you the best deal possible but there are never any guarantees. Drug charges are always very serious and there is a possibility that you can end up in jail in South Dakota. If you want to help yourself out now, seek treatment in a rehab facility.

Some Random Guy

I am not a resident of South Dakota and really can not spend any jail time.
I am willing to do community service to pay time, maybe in Montana?
You do not get to tell the judge what sentence is acceptible. You may not consider your charges to be serious, but the state does. You need a local SD lawyer to explain your case to you and to help you spend as little time in SD as possible.

lin zhao

casn09 please contact me

I was also recently arrested and charged with possession while driving through South Dakota. We may be able to help each other. You can email me directly at RealReformATearthlinkDOTnet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">