• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

controlled substance charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tflip45

What is the name of your state? SC
Our apartment at college was searched and they charged us with simple possession of marijuana. The police also found a bottle of Xanax in one of my roomates room with cash, so there was a charge of the intent to distribute, and distribute in the vacinity of a school. The pills were in a wooden box that belonged to me. Do the police have any right to charge me with the same offense? I've never been arrested or been through pre-trial intervention. I could serve pre-trial intervention for the simple possession of marijuana, but I'm not sure about the other charges.

H

hmmbrdzz

I'm not an attorny, but if I were in your shoes and if that Xanax had my name on it, or if I had admitted that the Xanax was mine, and if the Xanax was in a wooden box with money in it in someone else's room, and if they had been been charged with intent to distribute, and I had been charged with simple possession of marijuana, I'd be retaining an attorney if I could afford one because if I were innocent -- it sure wouldn't look like it, and I'd want legal representation, for sure. My advice would be to retain an attorney.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">