• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

convicted felon arrested on marajuana charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

love4ever

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My boyfriend is a convicted felon. He was convicted of a drug charge but I am unsure of what schedule it was. He had 6 years of probation and he is now off or probation. He has recently started smoking weed again and I am wondering what will happen to him if he gets arrested for possesion of weed.

sandyclaus

My boyfriend is a convicted felon. He was convicted of a drug charge but I am unsure of what schedule it was. He had 6 years of probation and he is now off or probation. He has recently started smoking weed again and I am wondering what will happen to him if he gets arrested for possesion of weed.
That all depends on his circumstances. Was he or was he not arrested again?

You should have your boyfriend sign up on his own to ask the question so that we can get the additional details needed to address the question.

I'mTheFather

They won't go easy on him with the drug charges and DV.

Is he still going to the AA meetings? Do you realize he's just substituting one addiction for another? Is that really what you want for your child and yourself?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/i-need-help-545836.html

love4ever

Well the reason I'm asking is because he thinks he won't get in trouble and I am wondering what would happen and eventually whether or not another charge will affect the inevitable custody case. He would never ask for advice because he thinks he is invinceable. I know he was arrested for possesion of ecstasy pills and no he hasn't been arrested for weed yet but I have doubt that it will happen. No he just stopped going to his meetings. He is still sober just not clean. I def agree he is substatuting one addiction for another. I don't agree with what he is doing and I do not want my children around it. I start a job tomorrow and I fully intend on ending the relationship but I have to give it a few weeks before I can support my self and our now 2 kids.

I'mTheFather

Well the reason I'm asking is because he thinks he won't get in trouble and I am wondering what would happen and eventually whether or not another charge will affect the inevitable custody case. He would never ask for advice because he thinks he is invinceable. I know he was arrested for possesion of ecstasy pills and no he hasn't been arrested for weed yet but I have doubt that it will happen. No he just stopped going to his meetings. He is still sober just not clean. I def agree he is substatuting one addiction for another. I don't agree with what he is doing and I do not want my children around it. I start a job tomorrow and I fully intend on ending the relationship but I have to give it a few weeks before I can support my self and our now 2 kids.
Well, then, best wishes to you.

If/when the custody case comes up, come on back. You'll get a lot of help here.

love4ever

Thank you! I will most certainly come back when the custody case happens. And in my above post it should say "I have NO doubt that it will happen."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">