• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conviction while Incarcerated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsanders0720

What is the name of your state? KS
My friend is currently serving a sentence in Kansas. While incarcerated, he was charged with "Introduction of Contraband into a correctional facility". They found an extremely small amount of marijuana in his cell, in the wall, that he shared with another inmate. They also charged him with misdemeanor possession. He pled on the "Introduction" charge to 20 months, that he will begin serving in 2007.(He was sentence for this in 2003).
Any advice on where to start to get this time down any? Also-can they charge him with two different charges like that? I don't see how they can say he "introduced" the contraband, when they did not find it on his person or did not find him bringing it in.

jsanders0720 said:
My friend is currently serving a sentence in Kansas. While incarcerated, he was charged with "Introduction of Contraband into a correctional facility". They found an extremely small amount of marijuana in his cell, in the wall, that he shared with another inmate. They also charged him with misdemeanor possession. He pled on the "Introduction" charge to 20 months, that he will begin serving in 2007.(He was sentence for this in 2003).
Any advice on where to start to get this time down any? Also-can they charge him with two different charges like that? I don't see how they can say he "introduced" the contraband, when they did not find it on his person or did not find him bringing it in.

My response:

You know, the continued stupidity of some "people" is just mind-boggling and numbing.

IAAL

seniorjudge

jsanders0720 said:

Q: Any advice on where to start to get this time down any? Also-can they charge him with two different charges like that?

A: Since you pled guilty, then these questions are moot.

jsanders0720 said:

jsanders0720
Junior Member Join Date: May 2006

How long do i have?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? MO
I have recently been through a seperation and as an effect, I had my house foreclosed on. The court date is set for May 16 and I obviously do not have a leg to stand on! I have secured another house, but cannot take possession until June 1. My questions is, in this situation, is the procedure to get me out the same as a normal landlord/tenant evicition and if so, will I be able to remain that long, or will they throw my stuff out in the street?

My response:

Don't you have enough to worry about, than some criminal schmuck?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">