• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cop messed up on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweetplaya32

I was driving and got pulled over, but we had jus smoked a phatty in tha car, and the cop searched my car. He got all my ****, and he wrote me a ticket wit charges of possession of less then an oz. of marijuana and parafanillia. The problem is he wrote the wrong date on the ticket he wrote that the incident happend on 6/6/06 but in fact it happened on 6/9/06. Is this ticket worth fighting and if it is should i get a lawyer or a ticket fighter to help, or can this be faught on my own.

C

CheeseBlotto

You don't need a lawyer, you need an English teacher.

An incorrect date is not a loophole that will get you out of the citation.

What the hell is a "ticket fighter"?

magic55

A wrong date is not going to get you out of this. Its not a loophole. You should get a lawyer, the charge against you is serious.

CdwJava

Being charged with less than an ounce of marijuana in CA is a nothing ticket - fine only ... no jail time. The fine is $100 - littering is a bigger hit than possessing or smoking marijuana. But! The defendant COULD suffer a license suspension or other restriction.

- Carl

outonbail

CdwJava said:
Being charged with less than an ounce of marijuana in CA is a nothing ticket - fine only ... no jail time. The fine is $100 - littering is a bigger hit than possessing or smoking marijuana. But! The defendant COULD suffer a license suspension or other restriction.

- Carl
How could you tell the OP was from Ca.?

CdwJava

outonbail said:
How could you tell the OP was from Ca.?
Huh ... now that you mention it, he could be from elsewhere.

It just seems a common enough violation out here as we DO issue citations for less than an ounce ... and given the 'Playa' moniker it has an L.A. ring to it (or a wannabe L.A. thang).

Keep in mind that I hadn't finished my first cup of coffee when I replied. :(

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">