• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CORI in Ma question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jb7988

I live in Ma and was recently arrest for simple possession of a class D substance at college, charges are still pending and most likely i will get a continuance W/O a finding. I jsut got a job at the rec center in my town i will be working as a fitness room supervisor and coaching kids at baskketball. I was asked to fill out a CORI will what recently happen prevent me from working this job?

msiron

Created in 1972 by the Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Act, the CHSB is the state agency responsible for maintaining the law enforcement telecommunications network known as the Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) and the processing and dissemination of Massachusetts criminal background checks for non-criminal justice entities. Additionally, the agency maintains firearms licensing and gun sale registration data and provides assistance to individuals and families that are victims of crime.
------------------------------------------

If it was very recent then it may not be in the system yet. But that does not stop your employer from updating their info and running another check in a year or 2.

Your initiation into the system will end up showing in CORI & CHSB.

CORI is accessible but the CHSB is very privy info and most cops can't even access it (one deemed on a shift can access) and the PD usually reveives a fast call back from the board who wants to know WHY a history was checked, unless it's yourself requesting a copy of your CH.

see this (you have to put in the http)

mass.gov/?pageID=eopsterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Crime+Prevention+%26+Personal+Safety&L2=Background+Check&L3=Criminal+Offender+Record+Information+(CORI)&sid=Eeops&b=terminalcontent&f=chsb_cori_forms&csid=Eeops#cert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">