• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Couple Months Back My Boyfriend Got Caught With About 10lbs of Weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karmaki

To start off with, we live in Pennsylvania.

Around December his friend (who also happens to be the brother of my older sister's husband) offered him around $800 if my boyfriend allowed him to use his address to send a package of about 10lbs of weed to his house. Well from what I understand, the package was reported because the post office people could smell it through the box. My boyfriend when taken in for questioning admitted to allowing his friend to use his address.
My boyfriend didn't tell me about any of this until shortly after I told him I was pregnant. I'm extremely upset at my boyfriend for doing that because not only had I warned him that his friend was no good, but he's going to be a father and already does have another child with another girl (she left him for his now ex best friend). Granted, I wasn't pregnant at the time he did that but he should have still been thinking about how his daughter would feel about her dad being gone for awhile.
Anyways at first he told me that he was going away for about a year, then it got changed to three years, but now his lawyer is trying to get him probation.
My first question is how possible is it for him to just get probation? He has no other drug charges on his record and the only other thing he ever got in trouble with legally would be him getting into a car crash (he slipped on black ice) and his car wasn't insured. His license was suspended for a year.
My second question is if he does get probation, do you have any idea how long he'd be on it, what he'd have to do, and also say if I went into labor at some time late at night, would he be able to be at the hospital with me?
I'm about 16 weeks pregnant now, I'm 20 years old and he is 22.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
To start off with, we live in Pennsylvania.

Around December his friend (who also happens to be the brother of my older sister's husband) offered him around $800 if my boyfriend allowed him to use his address to send a package of about 10lbs of weed to his house. Well from what I understand, the package was reported because the post office people could smell it through the box. My boyfriend when taken in for questioning admitted to allowing his friend to use his address.
My boyfriend didn't tell me about any of this until shortly after I told him I was pregnant. I'm extremely upset at my boyfriend for doing that because not only had I warned him that his friend was no good, but he's going to be a father and already does have another child with another girl (she left him for his now ex best friend). Granted, I wasn't pregnant at the time he did that but he should have still been thinking about how his daughter would feel about her dad being gone for awhile.
Anyways at first he told me that he was going away for about a year, then it got changed to three years, but now his lawyer is trying to get him probation.
My first question is how possible is it for him to just get probation? He has no other drug charges on his record and the only other thing he ever got in trouble with legally would be him getting into a car crash (he slipped on black ice) and his car wasn't insured. His license was suspended for a year.
My second question is if he does get probation, do you have any idea how long he'd be on it, what he'd have to do, and also say if I went into labor at some time late at night, would he be able to be at the hospital with me?
I'm about 16 weeks pregnant now, I'm 20 years old and he is 22.
The one who can tell you about his odds is his attorney. 10 pounds of weed is MAJOR. He has huge issues for trafficking that much. Your boyfriend quite frankly may very well be sentenced to prison time for that amount. But his attorney would have a better idea of all the evidence and the factors.

TigerD

...10lbs of weed to his house. Well from what I understand, the package was reported because the post office ...
Is your boyfriend facing state charges, federal charges, or both?

DC

PS: You have a child to think about. The best advice anyone can give you is to lose the boyfriend asap. This kid is a surefire ticket to poverty and suffering for you and your child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">