• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPM, ACOD, then UMP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iinfjason

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.Y.

I first received a CPM in the 5th degree back around March and was given ACOD for 1 year. Just 2 days ago I was headed towards my house (about half mile away) doing nothing and was immediately pulled over. Before I could even park 1 cop was already at the passenger door and the other next to my car with the spot light. I asked what I was being pulled over for and they gave me a plethora of excuses such as snow on the plate and illegal side window tints. Of course the cops said they "smelt" marijuana and pulled me and my friend out to search us with no consent. Ended up getting a UMP ticket at the end of the night. Ironically, it was the same 2 police officers that did the same thing earlier in the year while me and a friend were waiting in a parking lot for a friend doing nothing. :mad:

The first time I only had a few grams and the same again just recently. I did not have a any other paraphernalia or scales just bags to hold the current amount of marijuana I had.

My question is what are the consequences I may be facing? Is there anything I should be preparing for? Any help or extra information would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

You make it easy for them. Illegal tint and obscured plates are perfectly reasonable probable cause, especially for someone they know will likely have illegal drugs on them.

You screwed the pooch on this. You blew the free pass on the CPM charge by having drugs while on the probation, so in addition for the ticket for the UPM, you may get your CPM charge "unajourned"

iinfjason

You make it easy for them. Illegal tint and obscured plates are perfectly reasonable probable cause, especially for someone they know will likely have illegal drugs on them.

You screwed the pooch on this. You blew the free pass on the CPM charge by having drugs while on the probation, so in addition for the ticket for the UPM, you may get your CPM charge "unajourned"
Yeah, I know they're legitimate excuses just a little upset about it. So what do you think the worst case scenario will be?

FlyingRon

I think he was referring to the word "smelt" in your post. Smelt is a kind of fish. The word you wanted is spelled "smelled." As a verb, it refers to refining metal by melting, however.

3 months and $500 on the restored CPM, 100-$200 on the UPM.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">