• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sammy11

my boyfriend who i was living with at the time was charged with selling drugs out of our house. the undercover narc. that was sent in was talking to me about people we both knew and its on tape. in my boyfriends court papers my name is starting to be mentioned as being the runner. but i have not been charged with anything yet he was charged in Aug. i was always there wehen things were going on how long can they wait to charge me or can they .

H

Humble Warrior

Since you gave up names and places etc.,you may not be charged. But in any case you are still an accomplace to the crime(s). They can charge you at their convenience after he is found guilty. If he is found not guilty this means he is innocent,so logically you did not commit a crime either,. they are most likely waiting for a conviction on him in order to charge you.

S

sammy11

Humble Warrior said:
Since you gave up names and places etc.,you may not be charged. But in any case you are still an accomplace to the crime(s). They can charge you at their convenience after he is found guilty. If he is found not guilty this means he is innocent,so logically you did not commit a crime either,. they are most likely waiting for a conviction on him in order to charge you.

H

Humble Warrior

You obviously meant to reply,but I think you pressed the wrong button.....click on "POST REPLY" at the bottom of the page.

S

sammy11

i did not give up names and places we know the same people but the narc said the wrong nam. i have never been questioned it is just now coming out that i could be the one my question is they have to have proof they cant go on what a person says

S

sammy11

sorry i dont use my computer that much. im pretty stupid when it comes to the computer

H

Humble Warrior

What a person says is,in it self,proof. The whole point of under-cover operations is to get a conviction without the person knowing it.

S

sammy11

thanks for the advice i guess i just sit back and wait to see i quess i shouldnt have broken up with my boyfriend because Iam his only way out of trouble we were being watched for months the phone was bugged so I'm sure they are just waiting. but i could never say what i know the people would kill me and thats no joke they made that clear when i first met them either way you lose i guess thats what you get when you play you pay. oh well i guess i should just have fun now because im not telling anything i no i will take what i know and who i know to the grave with me

thanks for the advice

H

Humble Warrior

Explain this to your local law enforcement ,you may be elegible for a protection program. Other-wise....move away.

S

sammy11

are you crazy thank you for the advice i have never been in trouble before so i really dont know anything about the law but i do no enough not to trust anyone i work as a medical assistant and im really worried about my licenses iam going to be starting the nursing classes thru the regents school and i dont want to go to all this work to find out i cant get my licenses. thanks for taking the time to talk to me.

M

Mikedani

As long as the investigation is ongoing they don't have to charge you. You said you were a runner, maybe they are still watching you.
I think you should move away, get some new friends, start your life over without the drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">