• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cultivation of Cannabis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MelPurvis

I live in levittown pa. a neighbor is growing pot in his back yard. there is trouble between them and a few other neighbors. i would like to have him remove it but if i say anything to him there will be direct retaliation, i have children and do not want them harrased or injured. what are the penalties for cultivation? how do i let the police know about it without becoming involved? :confused:

jyoung

does he like to walk around naked?

Police follow naked man to pot crop

By Brian Kelly
Herald Writer

CAMANO ISLAND -- A naked man found wandering around Stanwood Cinemas led police to his indoor marijuana garden after deputies asked the man what he did for a living, police said Wednesday.

Deputies from the Island County Sheriff's Office said they removed more than 80 marijuana plants -- including 50 or so mature plants -- from a shed behind the 30-year-old man's home on Maple Tree Lane, a dead-end road on the south end of the island.

The strange saga began Saturday night when moviegoers and diners in restaurants near the theater's courtyard reported seeing a naked man walking around the complex in full view of families dining out.

When an officer approached the man and asked why he was walking around naked, the man reportedly said that he felt like it so he just did it. An officer writing the man a ticket for indecent exposure then asked the man what he did for a living, and he allegedly said he grew marijuana.

According to a police report, the man then asked for the officer's help in harvesting the crop. The officer said he was too lazy to help but offered to go look at the man's operation, and the naked man agreed.

In the outbuilding behind the man's mobile home, police found what they described as a "sophisticated hydroponic grow operation."

Deputies allegedly found numerous grow lights on timers, fans and a complicated watering system with a line running to each of the plants.

Police said the man seemed proud of his operation, telling them that the system used no dirt, just lava rock, and he picked a large bud from a plant and handed it to an officer.

In a written statement to police, the man allegedly said: "I grow marijuana for fun and profit, to support myself and my family, to help bring us a better life." He also said he was growing marijuana for his father, who had a disease, and for other "medically ill people."

The man's wife told police she had never been inside her husband's shed, but that was where her husband did his artwork and practiced with his yo-yo.

Deputies said they asked the man what he expected them to do after he showed them his garden, and the man said he didn't expect them to do anything.

Police, however, confiscated the plants and growing equipment. The man was cooperative, they said, even helping to load the equipment into police vehicles.

The man may be charged with manufacture of a controlled substance, but he is not named because charges have not been filed.

You can call Herald Writer Brian Kelly at 425-339-3422 or send e-mail to [email protected].

@3@3

S

Smithy

How do you know there would be direct retaliation? Has someone tried to talk to him before? Why hasn't anyone else called the police so far? Why does it bother you if it is not growing in your yard? How are you able to spot and identify the plants in his backyard as marijuana?

B

busta

I don't know what the penalties are. My guess would be that it depends on the amount in question and whether or not he intends to distribute. He most certainly will be in trouble!

Up side, if you report it (anonymously/call from a pay phone in town, no caller-id) the plants will disappear. You also get rid of the danger of a druggie in the neighborhood that could influence your kids. Also, none of his druggie friends will be slinking around the area anymore.

Down side, If he's the troublesome sort you said he is, then even an anonymous report might cause him to blame all of his neighbors, you included. What kind of retaliation do you think this loser would take? Would it be physical, or involve property damage?

If not, the risk may be worth it. If so, then you might have to find some other devious way to get rid of the plants.

Best wishes.

S

Smithy

Ah, yes, those marijuana-abusing-druggies. Because we all know smoking pot makes you prone to aggressive behavior and retaliation against your neighbors. And he'd probably like to lure all the neighborhood kids over to smoke up his stash for free.
The worst case scenario is your neighbor and a bunch of his 'druggie' friends sitting around in his living room munching pork rinds and guzzling strawberry soda watching Good Times re-runs.
Why not approach him in a friendly manner, explain that you realize he is growing and ask him to move the plants indoors because you think some of the neighbors might take action against him. That way, you don't have to look at his unsightly crop, your kids won't be stealing over the fence at night in their crazed lust for mj, and you don't have to get a neighbor in trouble for indulging himself in one of the most harmless drugs around. (In my humble opinion.)

MelPurvis

Smithy,
I to feel that it is about as harmless as you can get, alcohol is even worse. I have done more stupid things drinking than I have smoking. We are unable to approach this individual for ANY reason. His kids (high school age) have started fights with not only my kids (5th and 6th grade) but 5 others I know about. The police have been out when my wife confronted him about his kids behavior (he called). That night my house was vandalized. The next night my car was vandalized. The following week he had problems with another neighbor and his truck was vandalized. Like I said I know of 5 others besides him. My goal is to get the police to spank him. Maybe he will move or straighen up. If I just wanted to be rid of the plants I'd take them and give them to friends.......... or keep'em.

S

Smithy

Thanks for your response. I can't believe his high school kids are beating up your elementary school kids. Do you suppose the plants belong to his kids?
When I said to approach him, I meant in a friendly giving-the-411 way. ("Hey, man, the neighbors are on to you.") but, perhaps, that won't work.
So, I take it to mean that you want to get them the heck out of your neighborhood and if reporting the plants means he will only go away for a little while and then come back you'd rather not bother. Correct? That's understandable.
I'm afraid, then, I can be of no more help, but again, I appreciate your response.
Good luck.

B

busta

Smithy said:
Ah, yes, those marijuana-abusing-druggies. Because we all know smoking pot makes you prone to aggressive behavior and retaliation against your neighbors.
So much for that bit of sarcasm.

Not everyone who gets high is a nice guy.

Oh, I rhymed.

S

Smithy

Marijuana doesn't make you nice or mean. You are how you are, stoned or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">