• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

curious

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deck190

What is the name of your state? Maine

I just recieved a summons for posession of marijuana last weekend. However the officer never asked me to sign the summons saying I promise to appear in court. That isn't some loophole that could get me out of it, is it?
It probably isn't I just figure it was worth checking to see if anyone knew.

stephenk

sorry but the summons is legal. You can try and test whether the summons is legal by not going to court but I am sure you know that would not be the smartest move on your part.

D

deck190

ok thanks for the info, on a related note, if when you go to court for a marijuana posession charge, do they ever give you a drug test?

djohnson

Each judge is different so there is no way to answer that question. I have seen them not and I have also seen them base your punishment on the fact of if you could pass it or not. If your doing drugs take your punishment because you deserve it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">