• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curious about statute of limitations in my state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Starr81

Indiana
Okay here's the deal about 4 years ago I had gone back to my apartment because I got a call from a friend who told me the place was trashed. I hadn't been home in 3 weeks. I asked her if she could clean it up for me and I would pay her because I was working about 120 hours a week and staying with another friend (my mom was keeping my children while I was at work due to me working 3rd shift)because I didn't have a ride back and forth to work. I went back and like I said the apartment was a wreck alcohol bottles everywhere, dirty diapers everywhere(my kids weren't even in diapers),rotten food on the counters, all kinds of stuff. I called my mom and asked her to come pick up my children so I could straighten up she told me she would be right there well before she could get there the cops show up. I refused to let them in my mom finally gets there and I tried to send my kids with her and they won't let me until I let them check out the apartment so I did they come up and see the mess they took my kids they found a marijuana roach in a cigarette pack that I KNOW for a FACT was not mine. They did not drug test me so I fight, I get my children back, I move on, I hear nothing about the criminal case for 3 1/2 years my public defender doesn't contact me as a matter of fact the last thing I heard was they were talking plea bargain. Today the attorney's office calls me (Wednesday) to tell me I have court Monday and that someone has been continuing the cases for the last 3 1/2 years I have never even met my public defender face to face or spoken to him on the phone. :mad: I can get written statements from people that they caught my half brother on at least one occasion when he knew I was at work breaking in to have a party with quite a few friends,drugs,alcohol,and he has a baby. (well he was a baby in diapers at that time) What I want to know is isn't there a statute of limitations on this they are trying to charge me with 2 counts of neglect of a dependant,and 1 count of possession this attorney is pushing me to take the plea but I don't want the plea.I tried to do that kind of search first and this is where I ended up but thank you for your advice.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">