• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cvc 23222 (b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbutler1990

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I got a notice to appear in the mail for CVC 23222 (B). I went to the court and pleaded guilty, it was for possesion of marijuana in a vehicle. My car was parked and I was not in it. They suspended my license for a year and to get it back I have to do 40 hrs of community service or AOP, alcohol (and drug) offense program. I have to do both of them to get it wiped clean off my record. I don't see why or if they are allowed to suspend my license. Please help

Last edited:

CdwJava

Were you convicted of three or more alcohol or marijuana offenses in three years?

Was it the court that suspended your license? What authority code does the DMV indicate was the authority for the suspension?

The court can withdraw your driving privilege as a condition of probation should they choose, so if it is a condition of probation, then that is acceptable. Otherwise, if you obtain a copy of your driver's license printout from the DMV that should indicate a code section stating the legal authority (code section) authorizing the suspension.

This sounds like a condition imposed by the court, and the court can do many things. So, I would suggest you start jumping through those hoops.

- Carl

CdwJava

First offense, it was the court who suspended it
The DMV printout will have the legal authority for the suspension. I see no Vehicle Code section that specifically authorizes a suspension for 23222(b), but the court may impose all manner of restrictions.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">