• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DEA Harassment and blackmail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

razule

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Recently i was involved in a drug bust by the DEA. During which time they harassed us countless times being called a homosexual (more derogitory term used), asking when the last time we had sex, making fun of a scrawny kid. What should i do about this? I was let go, but one of the agents tells me i have to call him and find someone selling weed and buy from them to rat out to him or he'll charge me for the 15gram bag of marijuana i had on me. Is this legal? Can i not do anything about it but comply and rat people i know out? Help would be appreciated.

razule said:
I was let go, but one of the agents tells me i have to call him and find someone selling weed and buy from them to rat out to him or he'll charge me for the 15gram bag of marijuana i had on me. Is this legal?
Insofar as it is illegal to possess a bag of marijuana weighing 15 grams, the election between co-operating with the DEA, or facing a criminal charge by a Federal agency, would be a personal decision for you alone to make. None of us.

Is it legal for a DEA officer to offer you the choice? The answer, it is a gift. Choose wisely.

S

seniorjudge

Q: During which time they harassed us countless times being called a homosexual (more derogitory term used), asking when the last time we had sex, making fun of a scrawny kid. What should i do about this?
A: Your feelings are hurt. What do you want to do about your hurt feelings?

Q: I was let go, but one of the agents tells me i have to call him and find someone selling weed and buy from them to rat out to him or he'll charge me for the 15gram bag of marijuana i had on me. Is this legal?
A: Yes, the cops can ask you to be an informant.

smutlydog

razule said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

Recently i was involved in a drug bust by the DEA. During which time they harassed us countless times being called a homosexual (more derogitory term used), asking when the last time we had sex, making fun of a scrawny kid. What should i do about this? I was let go, but one of the agents tells me i have to call him and find someone selling weed and buy from them to rat out to him or he'll charge me for the 15gram bag of marijuana i had on me. Is this legal? Can i not do anything about it but comply and rat people i know out? Help would be appreciated.
If you were not arrested and then booked you probably have nothing to worry about.

outonbail

Any possibility that Pranksters, impersonating agents of a government agency, were having a little fun at your expense? Did their conduct fit that of what you would expect of sanctioned DEA operatives? Do you believe the DEA invests time and manpower into operations that yield a wopping 15 grams of weed? Then utilize these lean fruits, as a recruiting tool to enlist suspects who will lead them to another half full baggy of marijuana? Unless there’s something your not including in your post, I’d say forget it ever
happened. Then lay off the drug use, it has you blowing things out of proportion. (no pun intended)

S

seniorjudge

--PARIDISE-- said:
How does one "Not get arrested, but booked?"
This happens all the time. Anyone who is brought into the cop shop should have paperwork written up on him. There may never be an arrest (i.e., an arrest warrant). This is technically an arrest since his freedom to leave is stopped; I think he was just mixing up his terms, thinking arrest means an arrest warrant.

Just a guess....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">