• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DEA Involvement in a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roywesterfer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My father recently discovered that his prescription pain medication was stolen, switched with some other otc type of pills. When he looked back into his previous prescription bottle, again he realized that they were not his prescription pills but something else, I think Claritin. Put together with the fact that over a year ago one of his partially filled prescription bottles went completely missing, he figures that it's someone in his household or someone who visits his household. My daughter is a drug addict and has stolen $ and pills from us and $ from him before, so it's my suspicion that it's her. However, my father is stating that the DEA is involved and will be questioning everyone who has visited his house. Could this be true? I thought the DEA was only involved in major drug cases involving gangs, druglords, drug labs, etc.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Nope, the DEA is very much involved in anything that looks like prescription fraud. They're the ones tasked with that. Prescription pain relievers like OC are a relatively hot item these days when they're not fretting over meth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">