• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing of prescription drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NineLives

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I know a 55 year old who is prescribed monthly morphine and another lesser form of pain medication, Lortab maybe, not 100% sure on that one. He was a cancer patient but has been in remission for the past year. I know for a fact that he sells most of his pills to his buddies and a few other people from the neighborhood. I have seen it in action and also I know people who admits he does it.

Is there any way I could turn him in for this to where it would result in him being arrested? It's a long story, but believe me, this man needs to be put to justice. What steps could I take?

quincy

I know a 55 year old who is prescribed monthly morphine and another lesser form of pain medication, Lortab maybe, not 100% sure on that one. He was a cancer patient but has been in remission for the past year. I know for a fact that he sells most of his pills to his buddies and a few other people from the neighborhood. I have seen it in action and also I know people who admits he does it.

Is there any way I could turn him in for this to where it would result in him being arrested? It's a long story, but believe me, this man needs to be put to justice. What steps could I take?
You can call the police and report the man for selling drugs. The police will investigate.

Silverplum

The manner in which the police and courts treat him is not your choice.

You can report suspected criminal activity by finding a site like this: http://crimetips.org/

commentator

As is the case with unemployment fraud or any sort of suspected criminal activity, you can call and report it. Your information will be duly received and recorded. They may investigate your information. What they will not do is call you back and say, "Hey, you know what, you were right! And we're going to sock it to this person. Thanks a lot!"

It is very difficult to make cases like that. And it is even more difficult to have it happen exactly as the person who reports it would like to see it happen. There may be an ongoing investigation into this person or into this type activity in your area. There may not be. But if calling and reporting this guy will make you feel better, do it. Just don't expect to receive kudos for doing it, expect the instant satisfaction of seeing him hauled away, or that you will be called in as an expert witness or anything.

NineLives

Thank you. I don't want money for reporting him. I just want him out of my and my family's life. But I don't want to report him for nothing, as in, I don't want them to say, "Well there's no proof he's selling, so we can't do anything until we see him do it too," which is what I have been told can happen.

What I do know regarding his situation is:

Approx when he gets his prescription filled
The names of 5 people he regularly sells to

I also know that I could get him to sell to me if I flashed him enough cash. Even though I have never bought from him. He'll do anything for the right amount of money.

I overheard him talking yesterday about how his doctor suspects he his dealing too because he didn't have enough medication in his system for the last few checkups, but of course he lied to the doctor and told him he just hasn't been taking them all or loses them.

Last edited:

NineLives

You think this will get him OUT of your life?
I have reason to believe that it will. It's a story, but basically this man is psychologically and sometimes physically abusive to my mom. They don't get along anymore, and she says she wants out but she never has enough money for her own place. I told her I'd rather her live with me, but she says she hates him and wants to but she doesn't want to be a burden on me.

If I can get this man thrown in jail for at least one of the multiple illegal things he does, she will have to move in with me, because she can't afford to live there at his house by herself, and also because I'm the only other person she has to help take care of her.

commentator

Quote: I don't want them to say, "Well there's no proof he's selling, so we can't do anything until we see him do it too," which is what I have been told can happen.

In this case, you may not get what you want. Sorry.

They probably won't say anything at all to you about the situation or the likelihood of their being able to arrest him. They'll say thank you for calling. Then you are out of it. KEEP OUT OF IT. Don't start going all "Barney Fife" on them and trying to finangle him into selling you drugs and making a big old citizen's arrest. What if he were working undercover and you bought drugs from him?

You could very well end up in a lot more involvement with this person and in a lot more trouble than you have anticipated. Call in once, then move on.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are looking for an action you can take that will guarantee he will be jailed, there isn't one.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have reason to believe that it will. It's a story, but basically this man is psychologically and sometimes physically abusive to my mom. They don't get along anymore, and she says she wants out but she never has enough money for her own place. I told her I'd rather her live with me, but she says she hates him and wants to but she doesn't want to be a burden on me.

If I can get this man thrown in jail for at least one of the multiple illegal things he does, she will have to move in with me, because she can't afford to live there at his house by herself, and also because I'm the only other person she has to help take care of her.
Oh JEESUSSSS. You think that this is going to help? :eek:

Isis1

so you want to report your mom's boyfriend and get him carted to jail.

um.....that isn't going to go over well with your mom.

you may think you are helping her, but once it happens...you are the messenger that gets shot.

yes, report it. anonymously. but don't expect him to carted off immediately. and once it comes out it's you....don't be surprised mom doesn't move from one manipulative relationship to another.

Eekamouse

This is your mother's relationship, not yours. Mind your own business. You can offer her moral support but stay out of their relationship. If he is physically abusive to her, tell her to make a police report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">