• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dear friend in lots of trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr. cool

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A female very close to me is in serious legal trouble. For personal reasons on my side I hadn't spoken to her in over 6 months. I know a year ago she was trying hard to straighten herself out. She was back in school and completely clean of any substances legal or illegal.

Nearly 1.5 years ago she was given deferred probation. I thought for marijuana use but it looks like meth, I never bothered to ask.

I guess I should have known considering she developed really bad case of acne and was aging rapidly. Even so she remains very attractive and I never thought she could be on such a dangerous drug.

Out of nowhere, I find out she's in county jail and awaiting federal charges, conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine. It's causing me a great deal of stress because it looks like her future is now ruined. What's even sadder is she is one of the nicest if not the nicest girl I've ever known. Guess some people have it harder then others, she was on her own at 18.

Can someone please tell me what sort of charge this is and how long she can expect to remain incarcerated? I was finishing off my degree in engineering with hopes to date/marry her someday, guess those plans are now over. All I can do through these times is pray for her. I only wish I knew the extent of her troubles earlier, could have stopped this.

Last edited:

cyjeff

It is impossible for us to really help without knowing the exact charge.

However, distribution of meth is not a small charge. Think felony with several years in prison.

mr. cool

thanks for the response. If I recall correctly charge according to county jail is, conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A female very close to me is in serious legal trouble. For personal reasons on my side I hadn't spoken to her in over 6 months. I know a year ago she was trying hard to straighten herself out. She was back in school and completely clean of any substances legal or illegal.

Nearly 1.5 years ago she was given deferred probation. I thought for marijuana use but it looks like meth, I never bothered to ask.

I guess I should have known considering she developed really bad case of acne and was aging rapidly. Even so she remains very attractive and I never thought she could be on such a dangerous drug.

Out of nowhere, I find out she's in county jail and awaiting federal charges, conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine. It's causing me a great deal of stress because it looks like her future is now ruined. What's even sadder is she is one of the nicest if not the nicest girl I've ever known. Guess some people have it harder then others, she was on her own at 18.

Can someone please tell me what sort of charge this is and how long she can expect to remain incarcerated? I was finishing off my degree in engineering with hopes to date/marry her someday, guess those plans are now over. All I can do through these times is pray for her. I only wish I knew the extent of her troubles earlier, could have stopped this.

Dude - move on along. This is a situation you don't want to be even remotely involved in.

I don't know of anybody that I consider very close to myself that I haven't spoken to in 6 months. When she gets out of prison in several years, she will have an enormous amount of baggage that you just don't want to deal with. I imagine you could do better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">