• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferral and additional posesssion and paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

senorhesh

Washington State. I had a previous possession under 40 grams and paraphernalia and got it deferred. I successfully completed it, but a year later I got a paraphernalia charge again and got it deferred. Now as a legal adult and still in a diversion program I got a possession under 40 and paraphernalia, and took a plea bargain to have paraphernalia dropped. I was wondering what my status will be with deferral, and if I quit the deferral, because it's a massive stressful hassle, I know it'd go back to regular court, but I was wondering what the punishment would likely be? Also with the charge I got the second time for just paraphernalia, and took the deferral which I'm currently on, I was actually innocent and if one reads what happened it's obvious I didn't know about the pipe, and that it wasn't mine. I was wondering if there was anyway I could fight it, or if i gave up that right when i took the deferral? Thanks

FlyingRon

If you quit or otherwise do not comply with the terms of the deferral a hearing will be held and the deferral will be terminated. Most likely you will immediately be tried (and almost certainly found guilty) on the the original charge. Found guilty, you'll get at least the day in jail and $250 fine. You could get up to $1000 and 90 days. Further, they may still put you back on probation and make you all those hassling things that you find objectionable in your deferral.

...and you'll still be tried on the new charges as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">