• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred Entry of Judgment for minor/club card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

muenchen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My friend was 17 when he got caught with marijuana, intent to sell.
His probation officer in the juvenile court system is referring him to the DEJ program, and his court date will be in the next month, and hopefully the judge will grant him DEJ. One of the conditions will be random drug testing and searching home without warrant. He now turned 18 and would like to see doctor for medical mj since he has a chronic problem and the mj helps him. If he gets the mj clubcard before the court date, what is the law on this? They would not be able to drug test him for mj, and if they find mj in the home - it should be medical mj.
How would that work? Or would the judge deny him medical mj?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My friend was 17 when he got caught with marijuana, intent to sell.
His probation officer in the juvenile court system is referring him to the DEJ program, and his court date will be in the next month, and hopefully the judge will grant him DEJ. One of the conditions will be random drug testing and searching home without warrant. He now turned 18 and would like to see doctor for medical mj since he has a chronic problem and the mj helps him. If he gets the mj clubcard before the court date, what is the law on this? They would not be able to drug test him for mj, and if they find mj in the home - it should be medical mj.
How would that work? Or would the judge deny him medical mj?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I wouldn't fall for this. What makes you think the court would? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">