• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deffered Probation for Possesion Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ugsweetazkandii

Tx.

I got pulled over about a month ago and I had half a blunt in my car and got arrested. I am 17 and I went to the 1st court date. I have recieved 6 months of deffered probation, a fine, paying of court costs, and CS. I am scheduled to re-appear in 2 weeks to pay my fine, take the 1st drug test, and set up my probation. When I was 15 I got a fine for theft undr $50 i payed my fine and completed the probation succesfully, and I have not had any other convinction between then and this possesion charge. I am wondering if my previous theft conviction will effect this one at all...I know it is not the same charge and I completed my past probation succesfully, but I am still wondering. If they discover this previous charge between now and my sentencing date can they decide to change my sentence of the deffered probation and make it more serious?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">