• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Definitely need your opinion on what my gf should do!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe8181

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alexandria, VA (Unlawful possession of marijuana- 1st time offense)

My girlfriend(19) was hanging out with me and a few other people. She brought her brother and best friend. Her best friend had to leave early because her parents kept calling wanting her home. She drives her friend home with her brother. Before she gets out of the car she asks my gf if she can smoke really quick. My gf stupidly says yes. The girl finishes smoking and goes into her house. My gf pulls out onto the main road and notices a car following her, and about 1/4 mile down the road she finds out its the police and they pull her over.

The cops said they pulled over because she had items dangling from her rear view mirror. They smell weed and tell her and her brother to get out of the car. Police officer threatens to arrest her and tear up her car, if she doesn't give him the weed. Her brother is like fine and gives the cop the weed(about 6grams $160worth). He tells the cop it was his(because it was he is a minor), but they write my GF a ticket anyway. Before the cop gives her the ticket he tells her if she does not want to be arrested and charged that she should give him a supplier's name. If she cooperates and they find out its the truth he wont process her ticket. In addition to the ticket he gives her his personal number, and tells her 1 week before he decides to arrest her.

Now my gf has absolutely no criminal record at all, doesn't do drugs period pass a drug test if they asked, and has a perfectly clean driving record. She got a few names of dealers from her brother that she is going to tell on tomorrow. My question is should she? or should she lawyer up? I ask because she has no record whatsoever and a good kid, just bad choice in a friend, will he keep his word or is he going to bring her down also? They also let her drive off, and head back to where I was where she explained this all to me. What should she do?

Last edited:

ERAUPIKE

I hope it is not too late but DO NOT GIVE ANY NAMES! Trust me, you would rather deal with the penalties from the law than from those dealers. A simple possesion isnt anything, but if those dealers get busted, they WILL find out who snitched. If they are selling weed than chances are they are selling other things to, and deug dealers take what they do very seriously. You could also just get a deferred prosecution. Look that up, but do not give any names! That can get you severely injured or even killed.
I would definitely not follow the advice of a sixteen year old drug addict. The charges against your girlfriend are serious and will impede her progress in any career she chooses to pursue. She should not make any deal with the police until she consults legal council.

ERAUPIKE

I come on this forum seeking legal advice and I get disrespected left and right. Calling me a drug addict and looking down on me for it. Drug addiction is not a legal problem, it is a spiritual and medical problem. Our government makes it a legal problem. It is no different than an alcohol addiction. What I am trying to tell this man is it is better to deal with the law than by a drug dealer. A simple possesion is bout like a traffic violation. I know a kid who told his parents that someone sold weed, and the person found out. Sure enough as is, I was with the man who was selling weed two days later. He seen the person who told his parents in a parking lot and all I have to say is: Damn! He didnt have to kick his face in!

Get a deferred prosecution and it will be off her record.
Do not take advice from a 16 year old drug addicted thug. Seek legal council.

swrdmbo

Yes...make sure your girlfriend gets an attorney.

As for "I am not a drug "addict". I have been clean off all drugs save psychadelics since my xanax charge, and if you do your research, you will find out that the psychadelics are safe, non-addictive, and have been used ritualisticly as enthogens for years. Drugs like mescaline (peyote), psilocybin (mushrooms), DMT, LSD, and marijuana have all been found to help people overcome their addictions to other drugs as well as giving them new and more postitive outlooks on life."

Last I heard most psychedelic drugs are illegal, and there is no accepted study anywhere that would back up your ridiculous claims.If you keep taking those types of drugs you are going to end up REALLY messed up.

And please don't try to convince me with anymore of your asinine arguments.Get off the drugs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">