• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delayed Arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phunkyrhythm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I was confronted by two police officers outside my apartment. After searching me and finding me to be in possession of illegal drugs, they started asking me questions about the source. They took my information and said that they were sending the substance to the crime lab for testing. After I repeatedly asked of I was under arrest and did I need to talk to a lawyer (they answered no every time), they told me that a supervising offiicer would be in touch with me. I never got in contact with the detective. Several nights ago, one of the original officers came back to my house and asked why I had not talked to his supervisor. He said that it is a serious offense and if I did not talk to his supervisor, he would get an arrest warrent and I would face felony charges.
My question is: Can an officer confiscate evidence without making an arrest at that time and then use a delayed arrest as leverage against me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">